Shrooms!

Comments

• Ive never tried shrooms & I'm thinking about buying a 1/8 or 1/4... wondering how many good trips I'd get out of a 1/8 or if I should just go ahead and grab 1/4 🤔

• edited November 2020

I've been making a psilocybin tea every day since I got COVID-19 (or whatever the fuck this is). I've studiously avoided this forum for months and then one day...shrooms, really, on the site? This changes everything. Amsterdam is a long way away and Customs is relishing their super-villain role in a way I never noticed (let's say five years ago).

All this to say...thanks @medman, for adding shrooms to the menu! I have an ounce on order and, depending on the outcome, I will probably be buying them like Cheerios in future months. I feel that the thing those "microdose" people got wrong is that they need to add a zero, and skip the off days. And **that's **how I really feel about it!

With respect to preparation, I like a combination of hibiscus and passionflower tea...the acidity of the hibiscus nullifies the shroomi-ness (and makes it look pretty) and something about passionflower feels synergistic to me. There's a second step to the basic preparation: repeat the steep. The second steep, I find, results in a different experience. Gentler than the first, certainly, but still powerful healing medicine. And stronger than you might think, but slow with the onset. For best results, do the second steep overnight.

One final bit of advice: buy a Ninja or a similar hand-size food processor. Three pulses is all. More is not better with chopping because you'll want to strain it--and you don't want pith gunking your coffee filter (if that's what you're using). I have gastrointestinal issues, so a big breakthrough occurred to me when I realized that I didn't have to add all that biomass into my septic tank of a colon. When you're finished double-steeping, virtually all the psilocybin will have been released. Do not mourn for the empty husks...simply add them to your compost.

• @georgetirebiter dude, I’ve missed the things I’ve got to say for so long! Welcome back! Fuckin COVID

• edited November 2020

@georgetirebiter welcome back! You’ve been missed! Glad you’re back and well!

• @theunleet My rule of thumb has always been: An 8th of decent shrooms should put you exactly where you want to be. This might seem like too much, but most people I've tripped with in the past who only ate 2g's wished they had eaten a little more.

When I eat shrooms I never throw up, but I've always had a strong stomach. However, it's important to remember, throwing up on shrooms or peyote/mescaline is a GOOD thing. As soon as you finish puking your trip will intensify tenfold. Virtually everyone I've ever encountered who threw up after dosing had an amazing trip once they got the chunks out of their system.

Ask anyone who's ever done ayahuasca, you have to vomit, then have diarrhea, followed by horrible gas a bloating for 45 minutes, then you blast off and talk to god.

• @georgetirebiter welcome back!!! Have missed your awesome reviews!!

• I love a good visual and yall making me jealous, haven't been on a trip in close to 20 years, holy shit lol, but I'd forgotten that feeling in neck and spine and after these couple recent t h c trips not sure could deal with that for up to 6 hours or not lol

• Welcome back @georgetirebiter! Your knowledge and reviews have been noticeably missed!

• @Vapedad78 i feel like a reborn person today, love the feeling 🥳

• I received my shroom candy today, folks! (Just in time for my bday weekend!)
    Do yall think I could go the way of tea with it?
    I haven't brought it over to the parents' house yet as they're an hour away for Pop's opinion, so I thought I'd pose the question here.
    Super sticky, but I was thinking the honey would be yummy in the tea

• @georgetirebiter wlecome back kotter. Youve been missed.

• Holy crap!! @georgetirebiter is back!! 🙌 Welcome!

• edited November 2020

@georgetirebiter in the house! The only reviews I trust. Honest. On point. A man for the people!

• edited November 2020

Has any experienced psychonaut tried the minidose pills yet? Im trying to guesstimate strength? How many 10 mg doses to start seeing visuals and have the giggles? Ive read the description but I.can judge better for myself if say 8 pills gets a trip and 10 makes a hard trip? Hope my question makes sense in text. Allright back to creeping the grounds! Please tag.me in.answer, makes it easier to read. Have a good one.

• edited November 2020

Thank you all for the kind words!

@MigraineWarrior79: I would not add anything to the candy. It will probably make a sticky goo.

@groundscreeper: I would be interested in knowing, too. My first thought was to get some of the capsules for my girlfriend. Then I wrote out some quickie calculations and realized...on a per milligram basis, it would be much cheaper to simply give her some of my tea. The other herbs are someone else's best guess as entourage chemicals...but it's not like straight up mushroom tea doesn't inspire desire, yield energy, etc. So: I give her about 1/4 of what I take, daily. It provides mild euphoria, kind of "like the first time I got high." At first, she disapproved of all this, or at least was very, very hesitant. But she's seen the light. It's funny how this stuff does that.

I am really excited to try the Taj Mahals! I will try peyote for the first time, if available. I would not consider myself an experienced "psychonaut." That said, I've been trying to achieve a raised consciousness since age 13...usually with disastrous consequences (i.e., depraved addiction/alcoholism). Psilocybin has completely changed how I think about drugs and chemical dependency. Edit: I have an optimism that I won't need pills or booze ever again.

I wanted to add, also, that my girlfriend confronted me about this stuff. Warned that I could go down the road of troubling "alcoholic-type" behaviors. For the first time ever, I just listened. I told her I worry, too. I also told her that I feel completely human for the first time since I was 8. If this is drug abuse, then yes sign me up, please. It does exactly what antidepressants are supposed to do. Except it actually works!

• George, you appear to be pretty smart. Illl bet your girlfriend is the same. Cheers.
    So... please advise.
    I do take cymbalta so I expect my first dose ( in many years) to be altered. I ordered candy. Should be here tomorrow.
    57 yr old engr type guy....Needing a little introspective without a trip. . Thinking about your daily tea. What do you get out of that?
    I’m thinking about two grams on Friday afternoon and then two more at the Porsche racetrack on Saturday where I’ll be a passenger only

• Psychonaut Sponge reporting for duty. Have scarfed about every psychedelic know to man. From the gentle shrooms and 2cX's to the rocket ride of dmt. Peyote the doX's lsd lsa 5meo mdma mda etc etc. Only jave microdosed the 2cX's and mdma. The margin for error was to small. 😂. A little much and your day is blown. Always blew out my receptors rather than tickle em with mico dose. And some anti depressants will make it almost impossible to trip. Stay safe have fun Sponge out. 🚀 🚀 🚀

• @SpongePail You are my hero. Always wanted to try psychedelics. Got some Taj Mahal coming, I want to blow out my receptors as well, guess I will do the whole 1/8th for my first time :sunglasses: . I want to try some other psychedelics but don't know where to get lol 🤔

• lmao yall are makin me jealous with this shit.. i'm too busy and slammed at work to do any of this type shit during the week. gahhh!

i have to get an order in!!

• @leaf, my girlfriend takes a similar antidepressant. When she's taken high doses of magic truffle/mushroom tea, she gets euphoria but no visuals. For that matter, I don't really get "visuals," either. What I do get is psychic relief. May you get the experience you're looking for!

• @georgetirebiter man I thought COVID-19 took you out..Was 🙏🏻 for you..glad to see your doing better and back. Your reviews were always enjoyed by many.

• I got me a san pedro im gonna fix up one day. @georgetirebiter. Sounds like we have things in common. Mom showed up at the beginning of the kung flu with 80 $ 8balls of ricky bobby and there went 7 years of somewhat sobriety. Except for the daily drinking but that don't count. So microdosing helps with all that huh? Im off the hard stuff, id like to stop the drinking but that ones a little more trickier than it sounds. I guess. Ive been on the antidepressents before. Well hell. How long does an oz last doing tee? Maybe I'd make my own caps?

• edited November 2020

@SpongePail Thank you for reporting in Master Chief Spongpail! that cracked me up! Ive got to google 2cxc or whatever it is. Idk that one. Idk if I'm experienced Now or not. I've only done fungus and paper. But a whole whole lot of both! The 90s man. 100 bucks for a sheet. I'll take 10!

• @groundscreeper, I did AA for several months and eliminated all intoxicants. That just wasn't sustainable. Cannabis has always been different for me . I think shrooms are different, too. The difference is in the comedown.

Think about opiates and replacing them with kratom, as many do. I've tried kratom and am glad to see it helps people. But it has the same comedown problem as most other addictive substances. That next day yearning...becomes same day yearning...becomes yearning while still using...

Shrooms and cannabis are just different. I don't want to provoke an argument about habit-forming vs. addictive vs. some other point of view. From my point of view, there is just a different kind of abuse potential. I've been to a LOT of AA meetings and never heard war stories about people losing their homes and spouses because of...psilocybin.

As for how long an ounce lasts, I'm not quite sure. 250 grams of magic truffles (not dried) lasts me about five days. I'm estimating that an ounce of these dried shrooms will equate to roughly the same, at 3-4 ish grams per day. I probably won't do this forever, but it's keeping my mind healthy while my body fights against this virus (haven't been tested but I've had two episodes that resemble nothing else but COVID-19).

@medman: product request, please--mushroom spores!

• The Taj Mahal are very potent. I took 4.2 grams by spreading peanut butter on a tortilla wrap and then rolling it up like a burrito, it masked the awful taste completely. I had planned on going camping but because of the bad weather I just stayed at home and did them as soon as I woke up at around 6 am the other morning. The trip
    Came on pretty fast, I lost touch of time very quickly and experienced a life changing journey that I will never forget and that I’m very thankful for. I am an experienced psychonaut who has been on many journeys in the past but I can say with confidence that this trip was life changing for me in the best way possible. I don’t want to get into details because it feels very personal. I know I might sound a little crazy right now but I am happier than I have been in a long time even though my trip took place two days ago. I feel refreshed and have a new outlook on life and the universe. Thank you @medman and @medmama

• When did you guys order I haven’t even seen a label created from 11/4 order which is unusual.

• Hell yea. Are you ok?