INSOMNIACS PLEA

edited April 2021 in Requests

At this point a strain request is beyond me, so I'm hoping that one or "make me cream in my jeans" both possibly shippers find us insomniacs a super heavy hitting nighttime strain. 🙏 @medmama your BlackBerry Octane was the last true relief I've had. @LoudnCo I just missed Frankenstein but the papaya cake you subbed is close. I am extremely happy with both Bear OG and Hindu Kush shatters along with Dark Star terp sauce, all excellent concentrates.

Comments

• Always looking for that "lights-out" heavy hitter. At bedtime, I don't care as much about getting stoned, as I care about getting sleep. How about some more Blueberry, Platinum OG, Pure OG, 5th Element, Grape Ape, and more Hindu Kush flower! I've found these to be consistently sleep inducing. I've had less consistency, but some success, with Skywalker, Blackberry, Royal, and Frank amongst some others.

• There is something about that Purple Kush that always knocks my ass out...

• @OzBaxter while I love the Purple Kush, and it's a real couch locker...it doesn't make me terribly sleepy. I've had it a couple of times and found it to be a great evening strain, but it just doesn't induce sleep with either myself or my wife. Great medicine, regardless though. With the exception of Grape Ape, I've had mixed result with Grape strains for sleep. I've had one batch of Purple Urkle that closed my eyes, but subsequent batches never measured up. Same with GDP, and Purple Punch. All really great strains, but I really need medicine that I know will work. Right now for me that's some killer Blueberry and Platinum from my local medical dispensary. If the Blu Magoo on the menu is in fact Blue Magoo, then that might be an amazing sleep option.

• The kimbo kush and IGK seem to bring on Mr. Sandman better than Frahnkensteen. Purple Punch is great, but oddly short lived.

• Agreed @TheProfessor when it comes to a sleep strain the high doesn't matter to me, I wanna be feeling those heavy eyelids before I feel the high. @TreesPlz I need to revisit my kimbo "labeled kandy kush" lol, but the purple punch didn't do much for me either way. The imperial genetics I had a while back was really good medicine but there again not a sleep inducing strain for me.

• @MNTDWLER yeah, the initial 'punch' to the head is good, and then 30 minutes later sobriety is back.

• @MNTDWLER have you had the royal kush before? Does it help with sleep?

• Blackberry Kush. I can't remember 100% but i think it was from loud. probably... a year ago almost? 8-10 months ish? My ALL TIME sleepiest weed. that shit literally put me inside of my own couch (i slid down so far and the cushion gave way and it literally cause me and my couch to become One)

(more than once!!!! i would buy it again just solely for the experience of being able to come home from work, hit a bowl of that with 1-2 beers, and literally fall down ..lol ok not like that but you know)

• I think best strain I’ve found for personally knocking me out was nine lb hammer but it has not been on the menu in quite a bit. Last time I had some I played on my iPad until it slipped from my hands and I wasn’t able to gather the energy to reach for it so I just rolled over and fell asleep. I normally sleep in two hour bursts but with that strain I could manage five or six hours straight hopefully it makes a comeback on the menu sometime

• @v32Finish that sounds about right for that one batch of Blackberry Kush that nailed it (my head to the pillow). I’ve been disappointed (from a sleep perspective) with multiple ounces of BK since.😕...even the medical dispensary BK I had was mediocre. 😳. All good cannabis, just not what I was needing.

• Lulz

9 lb. hammer does sound like a real knock out strain @Neverenoughsleep

I'm sold on the name alone.

• edited April 2021

@TreesPlz I have some royal kush from last winter it doesn't do much for sleep for me. It is a nice mellow indica high though. I would like to hear about this batch I know there's a lot more in this flower. Added note: I really am hard to put down even with the best of flower. @TheProfessor I didn't get in on the infamous BlackBerry Kush but I've had several batches since. The closest I've come to a real sleep aid lately was BlackBerry Octane . I screwed up and didn't order more because I thought I had a oz.. but It's kush from loud at least I have that. I am about to open my third oz of sunset sherbert I'm truly stoked to know it's better than the batch before.

• @TreesPlz

The RK i had back in either Nov or Dec I'd crash hard with it. Like, literally fall asleep with my pipe in hand hard crash, lol
    I have some of this batch on the way that I'll report on once I receive it.

• @MigraineWarrior79 have you tried any of the last few batches of Afghan Goo? I put it and the royal kush right together in effects for me. The AG may even be a little stone'e'er lol.

• any good Indica along with some green tea and maybe a melatonin usually sends me off to lala land with a smile on my face. :)

• @Rockafire right now I'm settling on any India and 1/2 an ambien 🙂

• @MNTDWLER

No, not yet as it usually hits when I'm low on moolah, lol
    But, one of these days it'll hit right for me 😁

• edited April 2021

Indica only! No hybrids. That alone is a huge step towards sleep.

Frankenstein
    Jah goo
    Triangle kush
    Purple kush

All knock out strains. I have all of these on hand except jah goo. I only smoke indicas. 👍

• Great strains @Joha! But, I've had them all and still have Purple Kush on hand and they just don't make me sleepy. Stoned as hell...just not ready to sleep. I'm a hard insomniac!😳

• For insomnia, Ive been using:

Blackberry Kush
    Bubba Kush
    NL#5 (Cart)
    Frankenstein
    Northern Lights
    Grape Ape (Cart)
    Banana Smoothie (Cart)

Ordered from makes me most drowsy to those who put me to sleep but not knocked out ASAP.

• I pulled tubes of Frank last night and slept like a champ. Praise God!

• edited April 2021

I'm in the middle of a interesting experiment at this very moment. I've gone 3 straight days without sleep. I have been burning through what good indicas with the no success at all "I have some pretty good indi's". Even my indica concentrates haven't done much. Now the kicker I just did 2 small dabs of The Boss CRC the high hit me like a truck. Not my normal sativa uplift but a full blown behind the eyes, slack jawed a little drool running out of the side of my mouth..dumb,dumb dabs. I can hardly hold my head up and my eyes are enjoyable heavy. The Boss has been good to me during our partnership but always at waking my ass up not putting me out . I used to give my granddaughter coffee to help calm her down, I'm wondering..same effect different substances. OR maybe it's because I'm using the dab rig my granddaughter gave me "besides my wife she's the only family member I smoke with" and I'm a little nostalgic. It could be I'm a sleep deprived idiot who's been incapacitated by a dab🤪. Nothing to do with insomnia but believe it or not this mountain boy has informed delivery. Not through the USPS..but shopify of all places didn't give me any label or tracking only popped up at 6:25 a.m. saying delivery by 8p.m. , my icc and runtz terp sauces will be here around noon.

• @MNTDWLER Sorry to hear that my friend. It’s been awhile, but it’s never a pleasant experience. It very well could be the “flip” in effects was because you were more susceptible (mentally and physically from lack of sleep). It’s happened to me before, at the oddest times. We’ve also found mildly similar effects just laying off strains for awhile, then going back to them. I hit a little of some old Biscotti I had (outdoor maybe?🤔) last night and it knocked me on my a$$!! Hope you can find some relief soon my friend.

• edited April 2021

@MNTDWLER - Have you not found any relief using melatonin? That is my go to, that or Nyquil. I don't suffer from insomnia on a regular basis tho, so these work for me.

• edited April 2021

@justaguy I might as well take an aspirin, melatonin just doesn't work for me. I have a couple of scripts for sleep but only take them if I have a important issue to deal with the next day or I'm literally in tears "so dangerous".. The best natural remedy I've found is cannabis oil, it's just too expensive to buy. I have 6 sunset sherbert plants started and hopefully come fall will be making my own. ps: I should point out I treat rx's with more respect than I show my wife 😁

• edited April 2021

• @justaguy sometimes the world calls for 1/2 an ativan, just saying

• Or Xanax @MNTDWLER...we do what we have to do to get by.

• Have been dealing with insomnia for awhile as well....one thing I that really helps me when I have spent a few nights awake pacing the floor is to ditch phones and tv for a few hours before bed. Something about the light wave lengths that keeps my mind churning long after they are off. Of course I am typing this on my phone after getting out of bed at 1115.
    Soo I can't really say I follow it all the time....just when I am desperate and nothing is working. Edibles also seem to bring on sleep better than smoking for me. Hoping you get a good night's rest soon