Mushroom Safety

Psilocybin mushrooms. So much can be said. However, a quick safety overview for potential new users should be noted. I will keep it very simple.

1. If you are unsure about the source and fear mold and contamination, prepare your mushrooms via tea. This will rid those nasty buggers and close the door on indecisiveness. Besides, even moderately contaminated mushrooms will only induce an upset stomach for a limited period. Now if you have a known mold allergy, avoid.

2. Atropine Sulfate and Bull thistle seeds are remedies for acute toxicity.

3. If your psilocybin experience is too much to handle, drink 8 oz of milk. This will squelch the intensity.

4. To increase the intensity, OJ is your friend. Drink up.

5. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO MUSHROOM MUNCHIES. DURING THIS EUPHORIC EXPERIENCE, THE SWALLOWING MECHANISM AND/or GAG REFLEX MAY BE SOMEWHAT LIMITED. CHOKING HAZARDS ARE A REAL THING.

6. There is absolutely nothing to fear. Whatever the result, the mushroom experience will quickly pass, and things will return to normal.

7. The best trips, including my own experience, are in complete solitude and darkness. Granted, I loop classical musical during my pitch dark experiences. TRY IT. YOU WILL THANK ME. Use any music you like.

8. IF YOU AFE FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO EXPERIENCE THIS WITH YOUR SPOUSE OR PARTNER, DONT HESITATE TO PULL THE TRIGGER. THIS WILL BRING YOU CLOSER. Be grateful. Many of us are lonely individuals with nothing more than books and music to quell our current state.

9. INTROSPECTION IS KING WITH HIGHER DOSES. IF YOU ARE SIMPLE MINDED, MOUNTAIN DEW DRINKING, DIRT RODE CRUISING, CARE FREE TYPE, THIS HAS A GOOD CHANCE TO COMPLETELY REWIRE YOUR WAY OF VIEWING THE WORLD. INDEFINITELY.

10. More is not better. I’ve done triple hero doses. If I exceed 7-10 grams in a single dose, my reality shifts into hallucinations littered with visuals that include computer code and collegiate level trig functions. It is not fun. I’ve learned not to exceed 5 grams per dose.

Be safe folks.
Kind regards.

Comments

• @NocturneCHOPINlistz Thank you for the important safety tip to "not cross the streams." I would also like to add that you may probably get dehydrated and experience diarrhea too.

If it is your first time, PLEASE do not do a whole 8th! I made that mistake and crossed the streams! I was trippen from 6pm until 4am and had to have my roommate sit with me.

I really freaked out when I hallucinated and it looked like my black cat smiled at me and I thought my arm was swelling up. Thats when major panic mode set in because I actually had a mild case of rhabdomyolysis a few years ago after lifting weights. It just went downhill from there and I never wanted to be more sober in my life!

• Well said. Very well said. Now that you mention it, there were a few times I almost shat myself too. Specifically mazatec at 10grams and on PE at 8grams.

That really is a bummer about lifting. I understand it’s effects on your livelihood and general aesthetics.

Thank you for sharing. Take care.

Now that you can post pictures, perhaps I can get some feedback on my oil paintings guys?

Haha.

• Great post!

• edited October 2021

Only one quibble I have with the list. I did #8, but it pretty much ended our relationship. I have never felt like I used someone so much and have never felt so used. Maybe it was just because we were not right for each other. In any event, I would only recommend it if you have a really good relationship.

At one point, she had horns coming out of her head.

The rest of it though, is spot on!

• edited October 2021

I still have a small amount of Penis Envy from January this year. How long do mushrooms last in a sealed container, shoved to the back of my sock drawer?

https://medicinemanonline.com/discussion/2402/penis-envy

https://mushly.com/tolerance-calculator.php

• It’s hard to say. I’ve never witnessed dried and processed mushrooms going bad when properly stored. There are things that can be purchased from mycology websites that ensure a longer shelf life.

Inspect the contents carefully and consider a jewelers loop for closer inspection.

• edited October 2021

@NocturneCHOPINlistz great post you nailed it. Except one thing lol, doing them with the spouse or mates lol. The last time I tripped with my wife "over 30yrs ago" she was pissed at me for months. Like you I'm a dark room or outdoor nocturnal wanderer on a heavy dose. She said I left her alone even though we were together the whole time 🙄😁. You did a great service to everyone trying or thinking about trying shrooms. You even touched on some things this old space case wish I'd known years ago. Thanks for the great post I'll be thinking about it when I micro dose next time. I'm currently dosing with Taj Mahal's at less than half a gram but that's all it takes for me to get the benefits I need. There may be another trip left in me yet, thanks again for the thinker

• Ok, I will admit, personally, I have zero experience with #8. I’m an old school, romantic type. I like to shape the world in my image. We all do. Earth is like one big cross-over episode we’re we are the star of the show, yet also cast as extras. Sometimes we are the focal point in a lovely fresco for a much bigger picture, in which we are totally oblivious.

I sampled the Taj Mahal strain myself. Great experience. It produced some bizarre piano melodies in the key of bflat minor. I vividly recall that strain producing a back-and-forth rollercoaster of emotions. Weird, closed eye visuals that would sublimate into animal images (tiger and lion). Star of David would vividly appear and rapidly break down into the shape of a lion. Similar to putting styrofoam in a campfire and watching it change forms. Not solid, nor liquid.