Pregnancy and Psychedelics

Does anyone know of it's safe to do any psychedelics while pregnant? I have a friend who wants to buy we are inside and there's not a lot on the web.

Comments

• I don't think there is a lot of hard research done on this and anyone posting on this forum is just saying an opinion. I would suggest being on the side of caution here and not taking anything. Any substances and experiences the mother has is shared by the baby.

• Thanks, I'll let her know.

• I agree with medboy. Some of these substances are only safe for adults in small quantities.
    Don’t do it. And after the baby is born healthy and not nursing, then she can go for it.

• In a past life I was a Child Abuse Investigator for the state of Texas. Please don’t do it! It’s not worth it until after the baby is born and you’re not nursing.

• edited March 21

In the interest of harm reduction I will share the following:

Pregnant and nursing women have been taking natural psychedelics like mushrooms, ayahuasca, peyote, and san pedro for many generations.

Studies currently show lower side effects to cannabis than to other nausea suppressing drugs such as thalidomide which was a pharmaceutical which caused MANY side effects.

What can happen is that sensitivity will be highly increased so dosage can be 1/4 or less.
    I do know women who have used LSD without negative side effect but would recommend all natural if any at all.

ABSOLUTELY NO MDMA, Sass, MDA, Coke or anything upper and stimulant like that, very harmful.

I found this account on instagram mamadelamyco who is an advocate for women to take mushrooms in a safe way if that's the route you choose.
    Her blog on it: https://www.mushwomb.love/earth-medicine-motherhood-guide

Your baby WILL get high, and thats a personal decision if you can stay cool and help them feel good and safe. Pregnancy hormones are no joke, so some people do choose to have a toke or a small amount of mushies so there aren't angry crazy hormones rocking the body all the time.

@BleuWolf

Again, the official word is don't do it.
    Blessings on your optimal health.

• @MerlinsMagic you are awesome, a godsend, I've been searching everywhere trying to help my friend find information and this is perfect. I sent her the link and she is on it. I really appreciate your knowledge, insight, and advice. Bless you! NAMASTE

• edited March 25
  • Something here made me remember.

If the mother does humming and chanting when the baby is in the womb, and it relaxes the mother after the birth of the baby you can do the same humming and chanting when the baby is on the outside with the same effects.