stavia strain

Some time these strains cause very bad anxiety could you give me some pointers on some of these that may be a better fit for me

Comments

• Something indica maybe more what your looking for, but I’m no professional..maybe in my own mind 🤔..

From the current menu looks like Orange Citrus Kush is an indica dominant..believe someone else gave it a great review..

• Thank for the advice would love to get some Gods Gift this really does my pain to go away

• I usually mix in the indica type strain to calm the paranoia/anxiety a little bit, it works for me and adds in a more balanced buzz.

I usually stick to hybrids or mix them up

• Same problem here. I can't smoke sativas and most sativa dominant hybrids aren't much better. However there are sativa dominant hybrids that don't have the cerebral effects that might make anxiety or paranoia worse...like Orange Creamsicle. I do a lot of research on new strains when they pop up, but indicas and generally indica leaning hybrids do not aggravate my anxiety. Again, I generally do a lot of research and read lots of reviews before I pull the trigger on a new strain. I don't want to buy something I can't enjoy.

• @TheProfessor - The more intense the Sativa the better (e.g., Dutch Hawaiian , Maui Waui, Acapulco Gold, and Lamb's Bread - Like landrace Indicas too but prefer Sativas!!)

• Different folks react differently. Personally I can handle a pure sativa just fine, but I have many friends who get anxiety from them. You can't go wrong with Kushes though.

• @agingboomerfl I really want to get my hands on some lamb's bread flower! I got a couple distillate carts of lamb's bread and it is a very nice strain!

@medboy do you think the shippers could keep their eye open for this one? I know it's probably luck of the draw but been wanting to try this one, well actually just about all of the landrace strains.

• Most my life back east all we got was sativa, I guess.
    Most women, once adults no longer smoked because of the paranoia/anxiety.
    I, and my friends always figured the buzz was worth it.
    Just be in a comfortable atmosphere.
    Also, a few drinks always took that edge off.
    But now that I know about Indica, I can have the buzz with no looking at my back and no drink either.

• edited June 2020

@Jdtokes Lamb's Breath/Bread is amazing. I hope to see it one day. You got the right idea about landrace strains.

• edited June 2020

Marijuana causes anxiety.

The key is to understand that an amxiety attack is coming and knowing you can get through it.

Eventually, you are like; oh anxiety I know you. And then it passes like bad gas.

P.s... I used to get anxiety attacks. Like the type where you just wanna hide in a dark room.

• I agree with @daCabbie , specifically the THC in marijuana causes anxiety and the truth of the matter is there really is no difference between indica and sativa, other than satavia strains typically have more THC which is causing the paranoia and jittery-ness everyone talks about. Think about it terms of beer vs wine, one might get you less drunk than the other, but the active ingredient in both is still alcohol, one simply has less alcohol content than the other.
    What really seems to matter is where and under what conditions a plant is grown, not whether it's an indica or sativa:
    https://www.labroots.com/trending/cannabis-sciences/17429/difference-indica-sativa-cannabis-strains

• @WilliamDavidHowell. you may also try taking less at a time

• @Stab_Snipers THANK YOU. It's nice to see someone on here saying this. I tell people the indica/sativa thing is all in their head (respectfully) and mainly marketing, but nobody believes me and sometimes I get attacked.

2 different growers could grow the same strain, yet yield different results in the final cannabinoid ratio. Indica and sativa are just meant to describe the growth pattern of the plant. Short, bushy, with dense buds vs tall, airy, with small buds.

• I've had a few indica dominant hybrids that actually felt more like a sativa....can't say I've had many, if any sativas that felt like a good indica.....

• edited June 2020

Hybrids can go either way. Pures/landraces usually stick to their genetic design. I'd like to see someone get sleep on Thai/Green Crack right before bed. Also I will mention that several times in the past when I would have too much caffeine, I'd crash hard. Sativa and Indica are not the same. Sativa or Indica describes more than growth pattern. It's also labels the entourage effect of cannabinoids/terpenes etc.

• This discussion has been screwed up by smartypants science writers, who had a deadline to write about cannabis, and overheard a conversation about this in college.

I say this as a smartypants science writer myself.

Here's how it happened. (Cue music from that show, Monk)

The problem is in the timeline.

1. Linnaean taxonomy

2. The rise of cladism (relationships based on DNA to show true relationships, not imagined because of, say, phenotypic variation).

3. Throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Indica and sativa have clear differences in growth patterns and it's pretty clear that they produce different compounds. So what are we arguing about?

Enter recent college graduate who is interpreting cladist studies that say "it's all one species."

"My stoner roommate not only stole my CDs, when that was a thing, he was totally wrong about the indica/sativa thing."

And that folks is the true story of how it all came to be.

Both sides are correct. They are neither correct categories or both correct categories depending on how you define what the crap we're talking about.

As for @Bobs_Vagana: that's an excellent hypothesis to test but it's in no way "fact" that a strain's pharmacological properties would be different based on grow conditions...potency, perhaps, but...well now I'm hypothesizing, too. It's fun and everything, but if you've read this far, you are nonetheless correct about everything...we all are depending on the conversation we want to have!

• @georgetirebiter how do you define potency? The growing conditions definitely affect the overall cannabinoid ratio and terpene levels. PH, nutrient levels, heat, humidity, maturity of plant at time of harvest, etc. How could these conditions not affect the ratio and levels of every psychoactive compound in the plant?