Coinmama Account Suspended. Why?

I received this when trying to buy some seeds:

"Dear [George],

Unfortunately, in accordance with our terms of use and risk management policy, your account has been limited.

This decision is final and can not be revised. In addition, we also won’t be able to disclose the specifics behind the decision.

Sadly, this does mean that we will no longer be able to provide you with our services.

We wish you the best going forward.

Coinmama"

Comments

• Wow that is weird. Crazy how they say "limited" then go on to say we can no longer serve you

• edited May 2020

@georgetirebiter dude, that sucks bro. Have you always sent your bitcoin to your own private wallet first before sending it anywhere else? Or have you always send it straight to whoever you’re sending it to? Just curious.

I use cash app. It’s awesome. Low fees, easy to use, you can’t use your credit card to buy the btc but that’s a good thing for me :)

• edited May 2020

I'm guessing this is what happens when an illicit online vendor uses the same bitcoin wallet and the wallet gets blacklisted on all the exchanges along with any accounts that send anything to those addresses. It's always best to use lots of wallets.

It's not an issue with MM, because there's a new wallet generated to accept every payment.

• That's what I use only with this site tho . So should this be a problem for me . I send my coins straight from c MoMA to address provided by mm

• edited May 2020

Don't think so @Tac, because the wallets are always different.

• @Tac Your account is probably fine bro and it’s probably going to be fine. We are all just guessing. But if I was you I would get your own private wallet, there are several you can get for free. And after you buy from Coinmana, I would then send your bitcoin to your private wallet. And then send it from your private wallet to medicineman’s address that he gives you. It may not make a difference at all but it does safeguard those exchanges from blocking or seizing a transfer. You have to pay a extra miner fee, usually less than a dollar though, but It’s worth it in my opinion. Again just one man’s opinion. Peace my friends.

• @Sixwaychili has nailed it. I think.

I tried to buy seeds this morning. And was unsuccessful. Then I went to a different seed bank and paid with a Visa.

And that's when I got the email, an hour later.

The company I tried to buy them from was "Original Sensible Seeds." Do not attempt to buy their product with Bitcoin if you like using Coinmama for Medicineman!

Now I'll probably use Coinbase. Will probably have to photograph myself with ID again. Really glad the new strains aren't out...

• Thats a bummer, i had a bank do that to me. I use “uphold” its great.

• @georgetirebiter Man avoid coinbase. The fees are ridiculous and they inflate the price. I’m telling you download the Cashapp. Makes it 10 times easier to get started and fees are ridiculously low and it’s so easy. Just one man’s opinion.

• Xcoins has had the cheapest fees when purchasing btc in my opinion and wait time is 10-15 minutes after processing your payment. Xcoins is by far the best site I've come across when dealing in btc.

• @Theboyua if you use coinbase pro the fees are quite low

• To be honest coinmama is kind of a rip off. 5.99% fee on a purchase is insane. what if a person has a 500 dollar order ? Im thinking of using a different service too

• See, that's worrisome. When I was new to this and researching how to get my bitcoin, I found a Reddit thread where someone had gotten a very similar letter from them except that they actually named the website he was trying to buy from (it was online gambling related iirc). The only way they would know that is if they monitor your purchases, just like a bank. What's the point of bitcoin if your purchases aren't private?

• Bitcoin is pseudonymous but not completely anonymous. For complete anonymity you should go with Monero instead. You can exchange Bitcoin for Monero through the Exodus wallet and also through several online exchanges.

• Received this rather chilling communication today from Coinmama; I won't be responding, but thoughts on wtf???

_**The Verification Team (Support)

May 2x, 2020, x:xx:xx AM xxxx

Hi xxxxxxx,

Hope you're having a good day :)

As a part of our account monitoring process, we noticed that you have completed a number of orders recently.

Before you will be able to place a new order, we just need to make sure that you received all your previous orders in the given wallets and that you’re satisfied with our service.

We’ve attached an Order delivery form, you’ll just need to sign it and send it back to us:

1. Download the unsigned document (attached)
    2. Click here and upload the unsigned file
    3. Sign the form
    4. Download a copy of the signed form
    5. Attach the signed form in reply to this email

(Optional) - You may also print out the document and sign it by hand

Thank you very much for your cooperation and please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

PS: Kindly note that this e-signature service is offered by a third party, which is not owned, controlled or affiliated in any way with us. We do not endorse or assume any responsibility for this service. You understand that your access or use of this service is at your own risk and is subject to the service’s respective terms and policies, and you agree that we will have no liability arising from your use of or access to this service.

Best regards,
    The Verification Team

Coinmama.com | Help Center**_

• That is kinda of an odd method of verification and ive been in the crypto industry for years. Plenty of other sources to get it. I usually just get the amount i need from the exchange i use and transfer it right away to a personal wallet then use my personal wallet addresses to send and receive payments. Any major exchange will want clear verification for tax purposes so no biggie to get I.D.ed cause then you just download a personal wallet and transfer to that cause no verification of any kind need for a software or hardware personal wallet. Just odd the process CM if requesting from you. Never heard or seen any verification done that way.

• Yeah, that's weird, I haven't seen anything like that before.

• I use coinmoma and send straight to this site without a Bitcoin wallet. Can anyone recommend a Bitcoin wallet that's easy to use and for a smartphone thanks for any replay's . Tac

• @Tac I use Mycelium!

• Thanks medboy

• @Tac another good wallet in my opinion is BRD, they just have moderately high fees sometimes.

• Ok I will take a look thanks @PieMan

• Of course, I’m sure I could find a couple more, I’ll do some searching & conversing to see what everyone has to say.