Vape cough

Got my first order yesterday (amazing!). This is the first time I have vaped thc. I am using the variable voltage pen from MM on middle setting. Am I supposed to mouth to lung or direct lung? I cough basically until I throw up on some hits and I want to do it properly with little side effects.

Comments

• However is best for you! There is no right way, at least in my experience everyone is different and every batter is different... I will say that if you use thc carts on a batt. Don’t use the nic carts on same battery or you could have some health issues.. other than that, keep smokin!

• Take lighter hits. vape/mouth/inhale helps. Maybe your voltage is too high, try a lower setting.

Vaping is not like smoking, of course, yet I found myself trying to vape like I was smoking and would cough my lungs out. After a while, I stopped using vape and went back to flower. Now, I use a vape pen when I need to be discreet, not all the time as a primary way to enjoy thc.

• Also, me being in my mid 20s and have been smoking daily for over 12 years.. it is typically a hard thought for me to cough.. usually has to be dabs-diamonds at that.. my dad on the other hand can’t even look at a vape.. he has chronic asthma(as do I) but vapes absolutely kill him(his lungs).. they’re not for everyone

• Yeah I cant stand vapes they make my lungs feel weird. I'll do dabs and wax pens all day but no vapes for me.

• Agreed. I still have yet to try a live redo. Cart, but most distillate carts give my lungs an odd, uncomfortable feeling after a few hits.

• edited May 2020

I'm pretty much done vaping unless desperate like when family comes to visit. I may empty my carts to make edibles. They just hurt my lungs.

Dry flower vaping on the other hand is the easiest on my lungs. It's also the absolute best way to "taste" the terpenes.

• In terms of favorite forms of consumption it's Flower> Edibles (my own recipe though)> Vaping flower > Distillates > Live Resin.

Distillate makes me cough hard, but live resin makes me cough so hard I can't smoke anymore. I really hate that feeling. I haven't tried wax or dabs, but one of these days I will. I have some tools on order.

I've been throwing diamonds and kief in with my flower in my dugout. It's a nice surprise when you get a toke with a diamond in there lol.

• Turn the temp or voltage or whatever all the way down to start. Mines at 3.3volts

Let it cool between hits.

Even a tiny water piece with a dab cap helps immensely.

• @joha I usually use mine on 2.8v. I don't raise it higher unless I need to.

I'll remember that when mine comes in. May need some parts lol

• It's a little paradoxical. Even though vaping is actually healthier for your lungs, you may find that you cough more with vapes at first. In my experience, it's about how much airflow I let in while puffing on the vape. I keep the side of my mouth open so it's not a perfect seal on the cartridge. This way I inhale vapor and air and with practice I found the right ratio for me.

• I use a heat gun with digital temp control. Set the temp to just above what it takes to get it to vaporize. Usually between 360-400 F. But plants retain fertilizers if not flushed at the end of the grow process. I've grown my own, flushed the pots and never coughed.

• When i quit smoking and replaced it with vaping nicotine, I coughed alot at first.

It was a good thing. It was bringing up tar from my lungs.