What makes a bud premium?

@medboy or @medicineman i always wondered what exactly goes into determining if a bud is premium or not? Is it the THC content? Or is it the trim job? Anyone can answer, but i really want to know from the source. Answer if you can thank you!

Comments

• I believe he mentioned what they pay for it is also a factor as well.

• Med man said on here before to that question , supply and demand.

• Thats it? @tdk329 there is no other factors that make a bud “premium”? I guess now i know not to buy premiums i guess

• Medboy had said its up to the shipper. Its their listing. It goes by how much they had to pay looks effects etc. But each shipper uses their own criteria

• I find the premiums hit and miss, some exceptional, some not worth the extra money. All are good just some don't seem premium. Supply and demand like anything else I guess.

• I always buy bottom shelf... I find top shelf to be overrated. My personal opinion... but I should also mention I have anosmeia, which means I can't smell anything (and taste very little)... I've been that way for about 30 years.

• edited July 2020

Opinion, premiums, even in dispensary at the local level, tend to be more aesthetically pleasing, aromas are more fruity and pungent, they also tend to be more ‘sticky’ and taste much better.

As far as the high? Hmm, lower end stuff from my experience have given me headaches.

For -Medicineman products-, they are all very good, not low end by any means, the high is relatively the same (exception to blue dream).

If you told me this brown-dry weed that you have pounds of will get me just as high as this purple-sticky weed that you only have 1 pound of, but the purple weed is $30 more. I’m going purple lol. (Supply and Demand)

(Exaggerated to make a point)

• I’ve been buying mostly indoor and premium lately..very similar IMO..Premium seems to be reserved for the harder to get strains/minimal leaf& stem/ not found one seed in a premium yet🤷🏼/always sticky or very kiefy...sometimes both...haven’t been disappointed in a premium yet vs maybe the outdoor and greenhouse which can be more apt to hit n miss..more hit from MM!..

• I've been disappointed in only one premium and that was the last batch of Fruit Loops. So disappointed that I still have a good bit left, and weed doesn't last long around here lol. Few seeds and just tasted awful. But that's rare! And honestly most of the indoors I have been buying lately have been my favorites over any of the premiums I've bought. Not that the premiums were bad, but at first I was basing quality with the price, and that's just not the case.

• @OneLove i totally agree. i know where you're coming from, some of the indoors are right up there with the premiums, if you ask me.. but yeah for me most of the premiums have just that little bit extra. (and i somehow missed the last batch of fruit loops, i never even saw them on the site)

• edited July 2020

Premium Fruit Loops needed to cure about another week or two. It's the strongest stuff now after giving it time and taste like previous batches. Sometimes with Premiums or any flower, they'll be "too fresh". @OneLove

• @v32Finish It was only the site for maybe 3 or 4 hours if I recall last month. I jumped on it because I heard such good things about it, but every batch isn't the same. I guess that's the risk we take. I've def been happy with the bud wayyyyyyyy more than not lol..

• @MizterNiceGuy I had a feeling that may have been the issue. I let it dry out some in a jar because mine was wayyyyyyyy too moist. When the stems started snapping and it felt a little more dry, I threw a 58% Boveda pack in. Haven't tried to smoke it since. I know that's not exactly properly curing, but I might dig in this evening and see if what I did do made ANY difference. I will say the several seeds I found in it were only in the first bud I went to smoke. I broke a few more open just to see and didn't see anymore.

• edited July 2020

@OneLove I'm floored by fruit loops. Literally. I took a bedtime hit last night and fell asleep on a bar stool. Woke up when I fell off and hit the floor. Before I fell asleep, it felt like I got punched in the face in a good way. lol

I have a decent tolerance, but this strain is just crazy.

• Dude I'm still pissed about that damn Fruit Loops. Smelled like juicy fruit...just awful. I definitely didn't enjoy it and I lost money giving it away. The Alien Fire Kush still up and that shyt hits way more than the FL. I usually only get indoor as well. First time getting outdoor will be here Monday. I think indoor is great quality...in some ways better than the premium. 320 a zip gotta be top of the line for me and it's too much hit or miss for me.

• If you guys didnt like the Fruit Loops definitely have the Alien Fire Kush!

• I’ve been debating alien fire Kush and now they have master too..... hmmm....

• This seems like a lively discussion already, I'll only add that we leave it up to the shippers which ones are premium and we generally trust their judgment on that. Potency is the biggest factor, followed by flavor and presentation.

• thanks for the clarification @medboy !! i would add that i have been pretty happy/agreeable with the selections of the shippers as far as premiums go. they are often similar to indoor but have that little extra ; also you enter the realm of subjectivity at this point.. theres gonna be some gray area. i have no problem w/ them at all