Does anyone else agree with this theory?

It's my unscientific opinion that I believe that I gain tolerance to each strain individually instead of just a tolerance to THC in general.

For example, the first time I smoked the premium fruit loops, it was a one hit and quit for 2 hours. Now I can smoke 2-3 bowls. But I also can get out something I haven't smoked in awhile right now like XJ-13 or Mothers Milk and it will hit me harder than the fruit loops even though it used to be the opposite! It might be genetics based, but I haven't figured it out yet. What are your thoughts?

Comments

• edited September 2020

And naturally, this theory will have me buying smaller quantities more often. I bought an ounce and a half of premium fruit loops so far and it's just not as exciting or nearly as enjoyable as it used to be.

• Yep. That’s why people tend to over estimate their first buzz when reviewing a strain they’ve not tried or had in a while. Unless the herb is total suck you will get stoned the first and likely the second time out. Then the effect lessens.

I keep lots of strains on hand and rotate them almost every other day for this reason. Typically have 3 jars out of the stash cabinet for daily use and swap out when necessary. Same goes for concentrates.

Rotation helps for sure, but straight THC tolerance is still a thing for daily tokers especially if you do concentrates. Then Tbreaks become more necessary.

• edited September 2020

I try to rotate as well, but I'm now at about 3-4 grams of ATK, MAC, and White Cookies, 1g of Mothers Milk, 1/2g of XJ-13 and about 20 grams of PFL. So I've been going heavy on the PFL lately. I really need some new sativas and sativa hybrids, but there's like nothing right now other than the silver durbz trim which I'm actually considering.

Everything just puts me to sleep lately, especially the MAC and ATK. I can stay awake on the PFL, but it's a very mellow stoniness.

I do not agree that the MAC is an evenly balanced hybrid. It's way indica leaning for me.

• My needs are generally indica-based so I’m in pig heaven ATM. Out of the (way too many) jars I have only 2-3 are sats. That Hawaiian Punch zips me to all hell, makes me feel like running around in circles.

The outdoor strain drop coming up should include some sun grown sats 👍

• edited September 2020

I absolutely gain a tolerance towards each strain the more I use that particular strain, which I why I only get small amounts (nothing really over 1/2 to an oz)as much as I'd like to keep a storage of each over a long amount of time. 🤪 I like to smoke more than I admit. Lol
    I always get more than one or two at a time so I can switch them out.

• Yeah, I can't wait for the outdoor strains! I got excited to see the outdoor Ghost OG listed near the top, but nothing else followed. But soon, I'm sure.

• @Sixwaychili Ghost used to live a few hours north of me. Had agoraphobia which caused him some difficulties. Was at his compound a few times, he always had some breeding gigs going in his barn. Lost touch over the years, last I remember he wasn’t doing well health wise. But his strain legacy remains and yep it’s an awesome nug for sure. I must’ve missed it in the menu.

• My tolerance is weak now cuz I haven't smoked in 3+ years until a couple days ago I visit somebody who had, half a joint and a hit from a pipe really messed me up lol. I feel grateful to have found this place, I ordered 1 oz of silver durbz and hopefully its good, I like the sound of it on the description but it looks like crap in the picture, I hope I can get a good high from it. After that idk what I'll try next but I agree, when I smoked daily, my tolerance was built more for everything the more I did it, its good to have a rotation of strains, maybe I should've gotten more than the silver durbz, i loved the cheap price tho too

• I agree that variety is the spice of life and excuses are the building blocks of nothing.

• @WillyCx let us know how the trim is please? I was eyeing it wondering how peppering it in with my personal premium would do with tryna make it stretch further or possibly add some medicinal benefits not in premium strain added to

• @Vapedad78 My Dad is a big fan of the trim, and he does use it to stretch his stash of good stuff.
    I've tried it, and it's not terrible.
    I'm going to pick some up myself to do just that.
    He uses a boveda with the trim which helps keep it from drying out, and getting super harsh.

• @MigraineWarrior79 appreciate the input, yeah I did that with the free j and trial nug of triple scoop gelato and worked well, just thought might keep me from blowing through my good stuff quite as fast without compromising anything too much

• @Vapedad78 okay I'll let yall know :) I didn't see a review on this forum so I'll make my own, should be here next week hopefully. Theres a ton of strains I would try that I dont see on the site currently.. Like blue dream, sour diesel, purple weed, im guessing the strains rotate on the store shelfs here too?

• edited September 2020

@WillyCx they do make a repeat especially if they're a crowd favorite.
    Just had blue dream last month, and sour d this month. @medmama said earlier today that she got more sour d, so watch the site for the drop! 🤗💚💨