Indoor Guava from MedMama

My review of Guava, an indoor-grown fruit bomb: Delicious but ineffective.

I'm left thinking, frankly, less about Guava than about another baffling and disappointing split not honored in this order. It puts me in a sour mood. I need to just order what I want from now on with no subs in all caps.

This is my own fault, for trying to be nice and offer "options." Why? I can't imagine the shipping process, but it probably doesn't involve someone in a snuggie with reading glasses looking over my order and making careful, studied decisions. They do not consider the logic of my order or the sequence of possible contingencies. What I imagine happens is someone looks at the comments, sees "Mendo Breath, Guava, Afgooey"...looks around on the cheap motel room bed for any packages containing Afgooey, Guava and/or another sub that adds up to half a zip, total. The shipper, who's just trying to get X grams of cannabis (that kind of/sort of resembles my purchase preferences) into a box acts quickly. He/she tosses half a zip of fruity cannabis across the room to his/her partner who operates the mylar sealing machine. A third conspirator drives the bat mobile around town, dropping packages in blue bins. I imagine Adderall being involved somehow.

When viewed through this lens, it all makes sense. Even if my scenario is fictional.

seriously, If subbing can be haphazard and random, it should indicate so on the site rules. That way I would never count on it and under no circumstance split weak/fruity strains with heavy/indica strains.

I hate how pissy this sounds, but it's how I feel. I have half a zip of some of the prettiest, best-smelling cannabis on the planet, and all I can fixate on is what it's not.

Anyway, I never said I was a fully evolved person.

A little pissed that I didn't get my outdoor selection, either, despite its prevalence and longevity on the menu.

The Mazatec mushrooms, which also came with this order, helped me examine my tendency to look at things so, so negatively. I came to deep understandings. Then, when I woke up, I was back to being selfish and petty.

Rats.

Need more shrooms.

In conclusion, I am really looking forward to unwrapping my rather large (and unexpected) package of Salami, which looks fetching and bulbous, if I may declare forthrightly and with no small amount of shame...and, yes, I'm talking about some damn fine-looking outdoor-grown cannabis. Which demands a proper and respectful review. As does Guava, frankly. Someone took the time to grow it rather expertly. But it was a distant number three in my preferences, so no amount of taste or bag appeal can rescue it for me.

Comments

• Medmama has people that work for her unlike Loud and i think it gets the best of her. I’ve complained about the quality and just how they do things for a while. Its frustrating when they dont honor things that probably arent that hard to do. Then again people in the Drive-Thru still get orders wrong

• @georgetirebiter or they could be holding out wanting you to spend more on sample packs so not honoring splits might be a tactic somehow.lol just rambling!

• edited February 2021

That’s a bummer @georgetirebiter. Mama has honored my splits for a long time until my order yesterday which was also a no sub. I also requested a split of Black Jack outdoor which is still on the menu too. Maybe she is on vacation and someone filling in? No freebie bud sample either which is far from a complaint, just odd. I got an 1/8th of the guava when it appeared on the menu a while back. From appearance you would think it would be a heavy hitter but it’s definitely more mellow. The terp profile is definitely unique and tasty. Maybe it will get better with age too! Hope you like the Salami.

• Great post, @georgetirebiter .

I got very discouraged a couple times , getting stuck out pretty badly , to where .. I rarely order a split.anymore. that being said, my last couple splits have been honored, from both shippers..

Definitely sucks tho.

• I always use no subs, but I order larger quantities much less often than a lot of you guys. I want what I want and I cannot afford to be stuck with something that isn't amazing.

• This is like a cloud forest of sweetness and fruit.

• @georgetirebiter just do what I'm doing, take a break from @medmama for a little while. In the last couple of months I've had the same problem with her @LoudnCo always delivers premium bud and when CAPITALIZED, never had any problems with my splits.

• I've basically done that, @MNTDWLER--but not for this reason. She has no shrooms of note at the moment...

I have some Loud Blue Dream on order. The Wedding Cake's reputation is such that it will probably be my next choice.

• Musta been an over sight my split was honored recently

• I took a break from Mama as well due to my splits not being honered a few times in a row yet things still being on the menu even by the time I get my package. Finally just ordered a split on refills a few days ago. Waiting to see how that turns out.

• Both(all) shippers have the same drama. Neither is "better than". They are awesome, amazing and they'll also drive us crazy.
    For the most part, we are dealing with great human beings.

• @MizterNiceGuy Yeah each has their time when they go through hiccups. I just take a break from the particular shipper at the time, but it usually ends up getting better, so I always come back lol.

• edited March 2021

I mainly posted this to remind myself (and maybe others) that the split that pisses me off one day can seem not so terrible on another. I like to correct the record when possible, to make sure the thread is balanced in the end.

Admittedly weak, I'm not being generous to say that this strain has the loudest flavor of any buds on my shelf. These popcorn-sized buds roar like fruity lions.

It's 5:24 and I'm officially high. Not on Guava, though. I needed something stronger for insomnia...

• There's alot of complaining. I mean damn your still getting quality meds through the mail. Just be happy this is starting to become a freaking complaint forum @medboy

• @Zackarrry remember though we have seen some complaints from you also ! Be cool everyone is entitled to theirs..

• @Zackarrry if no one complains when the same issue arises, it will never be fixed. That's just how any business is. Closed months don't get fed. I am incredibly thankful for this service and both shippers, but this has been an ongoing issue for months for multiple people with the contact form already having been hit multiple times. I'm sure the issue will be ironed our eventually. I've had problems with different shippers at different times. It's going to happen. But just because you're lucky to have a service doesn't mean someone's hard earned money should be taken lightly either. I'm also one to praise each shipper and give credit where credit is due, but I won't sugarcoat all of the time either.

• @Zackarrry If you read this thread, it began as a critical review and became me correcting the record with additional information.

But, yes, critics are everywhere.

• Wanted to make sure I came back to say that my refill split was honored by Medmama and I'm very pleased lol.