to Vape or not?

after 50 years using pipe/bong/roll I'm pretty sure about switching to Carts, have developed COPD and it seems vaping might be easier on the lungs. Know nothing really about it...THC % on the carts here? How long does a gram cart last compared to weed and is the effect any different ? been here 6 years and love this place! later.

Comments

• I can offer some perspective on your questions. Same history for me and I started vaping about a year ago. Went back to pure flower and now mix the two. I find that vaping is not easier on the lungs. It's important to pay attention to how and how long you draw.
    This leads into the question of cart contents. Some states have regulations about what chemicals are allowed in the distillate; I'm not sure about all states. I have heard that some additives are not healthy, but I have no solid reference for that.
    There's not much information on the carts sold by the shippers. THC percentage can vary considerably. Dispensary cart packaging tells a lot about the contents.
    Another factor is if the cart is pre-filled or refilled. Refill distillate always seems to be slightly different to me. But I use both types (it took a while to find reliable refill carts).
    Using during travel is much easier with vapes. But lots of metal.
    I think the high is different but that's very subjective.
    Wish I could help more. I hope to hear from others because I'm really a newbie. Good luck.

• @laspace I have a bunch of vape carts, but I primarily use them for traveling (they're nice and discreet). In my experience, carts are not easier on my lungs than my pipe or bong. As @Tbloom mentioned, the high is also a little different. I've had Medmama's prefilled and refill carts and they were always pretty good. I also have access to medical carts here in my state which are limited to 70% and they're not quite as strong, but they're good. Have you tried vaping flower? I have found vaping flower to be easier on the lungs than smoking, but I continue to do both.

• Thanks @Tbloom and @TheProfessor for replies! Disapointed to hear health aspect on lungs which is only reason for switch. The vaping flower seems like a winner to me after doing some research...still get to smell/touch the real stuff, maybe a little more discreet odor and somewhat easier to intake...thanks for suggestion. Here in my state medical MJ is legal only and the Veterans Admin here is not very receptive to my request, they will give me a boat load of pills but not MJ, makes no sense to me! they knew most everyone in Nam was smoking the stuff, they didn't give a care then! This place has been a blessing to me!!!

• I do like dry herb vaping much much more than ever expected although guess you're referring to distillate and carts. Arizer EQ is a good and affordable device to experiment with although desktop and not made for portability or convenience

• Dry vaping is definitely easier on the lungs. Oil vaping feels harder on the lungs.

• @Sixwaychili agreed also feel like dry vaping gives maybe cleaner effects or something kinda hard to explain but definitely roi been much better than expected, had EQ little over a year now and rarely combust anymore unless hanging at someone else's place

• so I bought a Titan 2 dry herb vape, and despite a first pull which turned out to be WAY to much, I can say now I like it. The effects are near the same as smoking and it is super convenient plus discreet. I do seem to use more weed per session vaping than smoking even thou I take same number of hits. With lighter pulls and temp adjustments plus a cleaner and virtually cough free experience this will work out just fine.

• Can someone explain dry vaping? Ive only ever vapes distillate/carts for like 5 years. Please don't be mean I'm just a nerdy noob

• https://volcanovaporizers.com/ @KannaMannnn this will explain better then I can, volcano has a good reputation their are also decent competition for about half the price.

• @Fallguy thank you man!!!

• @KannaMannnn we have a Pax3 (actually 2 of them) which is a handheld portable as well as a Mighty. They’re on the expensive side, but there are lots of cheaper alternatives. Fill the oven with the ground flower of your choice, set the temp(s) and puff away. I save the ABV (cooked flower) and make canna butter with it for edibles.😎🧐

• @TheProfessor Thank you so much for helping in both threads I commented on. Appreciate you! I am going to buy either the Pax3 or Mighty. Which do you think is more "user friendly"? I want to try this method. Cost does not matter to me because it keeps me sane.

I vape MJ to sleep and relax after work and nothing more, but it is hard for me to find reliable Vape carts since Med Mama is no longer in production :( I refuse to buy Louds. Sooo this sounds like a great plan.

• edited January 2022

Pax3! @KannaMannnn Cheaper, easier to clean, smaller and more discreet. Like I said, we have two and gave a third as a gift! I still smoke, but I also use my Pax3 everyday. If you go with the Pax3 check out Budkups (Amazon) they’re a convenient accessory.

• I've been going through a lot less vaping compared to combustion and couple nights ago just 2 or 3 nights of leftover abv got me soo lit I didn't even think or remember to vape any extra or dab any concentrate and ended up nodding off earlier than usual but I'm sure experience may vary like with most things

• Another vote for PAX 3. @TheProfessor is spot on imo! I bought a smell proof case that holds mine. Looks like an avg flashlight and has a couple storage areas. Great for discretion. Great warranty too. Mine was just replaced because of internal issue. Used it hard for 3 yrs. dropped it several times 🥴. Great quality vape!

• I use a Crafty+. Discretion is important for me, and it's a great vape. Not cheap though, of course.