The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

edited September 2022 in Questions

Sadly, I had to play the song last week. Tipping over onto granite broke my TAG bong named the Edmund Fitzgerald.

But I'm happy to let you know that I replaced it with an identical slightly shorter one which is now named Jon Bong Jovi.

Blaze of Glory is the future funeral song for this one.

I cannot recommend thickassglass enough. I got a 2nd quality 16" like the above for under $100. I cannot tell why it's rated a 2nd. I've dropped it from 3 feet onto hardwood floors without breaking!

Anywhere else, this would cost over $400.

Comments

• Oh, we've got to hold on, ready or not
    You live for the fight when it's all that you've got

• hehe, it was between Jon Bong Jovi and John Bongham.

• Jon Bong Jovi 🤣👍🏼

• The longest wait is that moment when the bong leaves the tabletop and hits the floor. Losing a glass utensil is a sad loss and I feel your pain. I lost a custom made carburetor a long time ago and even today I miss that thing.

For anyone that doesn't know, a carburetor is a bent glass tube with a divot in the side to place a rolled joint into. You cover one end with a finger, light the joint and draw smoke through the tube while modulating the air with your finger.

Yes, it's sort of like a chiller, but different. Mine made several curls and twists, and it was entertaining to watch the smoke work its way through the curves as you puffed it.

I have never seen anyone else that makes these things, if anyone has a link, please share.

peace!

• Broke my bong last week on cement! A few tears were shed. ☹💚

• Such sad stories.🙁 I haven’t lost any of my bongs, but I go through my glass pipes like crazy…old fumble fingers!😳
    I’d have gone with John Bongham 🤣! 😎🧐

• Miraculously, the ash catcher was not lost!

• @TheProfessor nice throw a zep sticker on it lol ozzy ozbong

• I went to the local headshop and picked up a cheap little $20 bong until I can afford to get another nice one. It's an iridescent blue beaker bong, and about 8 inches tall. Absolutely gets the job done. No name yet, lol 😊

Side note: had to put my car in the shop, and I got it back yesterday. Ouch in the pocketbook, $1500. ☹️😭
    💚

• Yeesh sorry to hear that @MigraineWarrior79 least both are back tho bout to have repairs not looking forward to either

• Yeah, this admin needs to get this inflation horse shit under control. It's been a significant pay cut☹️