Outdoor Purple Kush

edited June 2023 in Product Reviews

@MerlinsMagic Merlin's Outdoor Purple Kush ordered last Thursday night, touched down today, along with some bud samples I ordered to try/review and a freebie gummy! Thanks for accommodating me!
First, I am very appreciative of the packaging. The box is the perfect size, discreet, and well taped...and most importantly, still fits in my relatively small mailbox! As I've said before, I really like the stiffer, sealed ziplock bags that you're using...prevents any crushing of the flower! Then each product: my ounce of Purple Kush and each sample were double food saver bagged before everything went into a sealed mylar bag and into the box delivered to my door!
I was going to wait until this evening to try the Purple Kush, and I probably should have.🤤 But, my hands have been aching all day (arthritis) and it's summer...what else am I doing?

Bag appeal: This is some really pretty outdoor. It's classic outdoor and classic Purple Kush IMO. The buds are a mixture of sizes with a couple good sized nuggets, but most of them were smalls. The buds have dense dark purple, almost black centers with some green mixed in, wrapped in shaggier little green leaves, all covered in a light coating of frost. The cure is excellent and the buds are sticky, especially when broken apart. The nose on this one is all Purple Kush! An earthy tone with a healthy grape note! Really nice! Grade B+

Flavor/Taste: I'm using my Grav Sherlock glass hand pipe this afternoon. It's a heavy smoke, kinda harsh, kinda dank and hashy and yet a little sweet. Did I mention it's kinda harsh? I'm a pretty heavy cannabis consumer and I find it heavy but not unpleasant...but I did cough a bit.😁 Not really surprised, its 100% indica! Grade: B+ (I'll have to vape some this evening).

Effects: I probably should have waited, but it's all good. I'm pain free, worry free, and stoned as sh!t! Classic Purple Kush for sure...all indica, all the time! I am so relaxed, calm, and seemingly stuck to the kitchen chair as I type. I'm quite drowsy, which means I think I have a winner in my sleep strain search. Good thing as I ran out of my Skywalker OG last night. This is going to make an excellent replacement. A very hazy and dreamy, half-eyed, full-bodied stone for this mid Thursday afternoon! Excellent pain relief and a nice case of the munchies (good thing I'm sitting next to the pantry because I don't think I can move🤤) Grade: A (Extra consideration given 'cause it's a sleep stain!👍😴).

Overall, this Purple Kush is everything I was hoping it would be. It's high quality outdoor cannabis with strong indica effects at a great price. This ounce of Purple Kush came in under $200 with shipping and BTC fees...a real value in my opinion! My only complaint is that now that I have it and I like it, it's no longer on the menu!😕 Overall Grade: A- (Compliments to the grower!)

Thanks @MerlinsMagic and thanks @medicineman and @medboy for great meds, great prices, and superior service!😎🧐

Comments

• Very thorough review Professor. Personally, I’m not a big fan of the sleepy purp weed but your review checked all the boxes. I also shy away from outdoor due to the harshness of the smoke but the cure and appearance of the outdoor I have gotten from Merlin in the past has been great.

Also agree that Merlin’s package and shipping in general is superb. Again, very nice review.

• Awesome review @TheProfessor, I should have mine tomorrow and can't wait to try it!

• Awesome review sir! Much appreciated

• Dang you should work for leafly nice one

• Thanks! I start to ramble when I'm really stoned!😁🫠

• This Purple Kush is definitely very sleepy!😴 Exactly what I was hoping for!😎🧐

• @MerlinsMagic

We need a refill! Lmao

• My Purple Kush order showed up today only to be subbed for Obama... totally bummed after the review from @TheProfessor, I was looking forward to it. I only ordered the PK since it was a 100% Indica and was hoping for that knock out sleep! It was even still on the menu for about three days after my order. I ordered about 2 hours after @TheProfessor placed his order last Thursday night. As far as the Obama, small to medium sized nugs. Lots of red hairs and medium to dark green in color. The smell is light, typical Kush. Have not tried it yet but will report back.

• @TheProfessor Ramble on sir! I enjoy it!
    @friendsofbillw ah that's disappointing. Hopefully the Obama Kush does its job.

• @friendsofbillw Ugh…sorry to hear that my friend. Unfortunately, if you’re around here long enough you’ll get subbed. The Obama Kush sounds pretty good…not a sleep inducing strain I don’t think, but I’m interested in hearing your thoughts!😎🧐

Thanks @ChunksEggo8187! I will ramble on!!

• For as stoned as you may have been @TheProfessor that was one great review. My PK arrived yesterday with some outdoor Jack Herer. I havent tried the PK yet but will this evening. My BD should be arriving today with some Chocolope that came along for the ride. BTW if anyone likes Jack Herer, Merlins outdoor Jack is the real deal. As soon as you open the bag you get that spicy, flowery aroma that Jack is known for. It is a sativa dominat strain but you can feel the indica too in it. This strain really gets me in the mood to play misic. I am a guitarist and took some of the Jack to a party last night. Ended up playing all night and rolling in at 2 this AM, EDT. Love it, now hoping the BD will rate as, pardon the pun, high as the other outdoor strains Ive gotten from Merlin.

• edited June 2023

Thank you @bluedreamer, much appreciated! I’d like to try the Jack Herer some time…I’m getting more daring in my choices, but after doing the research I think I can handle JH. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the PK. Our Georgia Pie and Snickerdoodle Haze are out for delivery today! I’ve gotten a lot of medicine the last couple of weeks.
    I used to play, but arthritis has destroyed my left hand strength and dexterity.☹️. I’ve given my pride and joy…a ‘78 Guild SF4 that I bought new to my grandson, and I just sold my American Jaguar to a friend. Sad, but I gotta move on. Please tell us about the Blue Dream when it lands!😎🧐

• I gave the Obama a try and it was not bad. The taste was a little sweet and had that Kush flavor. I found it to be very relaxing, however if you needed to get something done it would not be a problem. It is not the sleep strain I was hoping for but was probably the next best thing they could sub based on the outdoor strain and staying heavy on the Indica. No complaints, just a little let down I was not able to try the PK. I will keep my eye out for it's return @MerlinsMagic - If you can locate heavy knock out Indicas I am always a buyer. Thanks!

• edited June 2023

Awesome review my friend!! Keep ‘‘em coming 😎. I wish I had more time to review/post pics. Most everything has been 🔥 lately from all shippers. Didn’t get PK but got the Purple Thai few weeks ago. Probably my least fav as of late. Not much kick to it per the description. I rely on these reviews/feedback to keep picking the best. Thx as always @TheProfessor

• @superman38NC Thanks my friend! I have a bit more time in the summer.🤔
    Helps keep me busy, but the wife would prefer more projects done!🤣. I wish I could post pics, it’s just a PITA because most everything, including my work computer is all connected in my iCloud. Takes too much time to be careful, but I’ll continue to try and be as descriptive as possible.😁. Got lots of new strains to try. My greenhouse Snickerdoodle Haze and Georgia Pie were delivered this morning and I’ve got several nice samples of Ultra Premium and Premium to try as well! Summer is good…the cannabis is good…life is good!😎🧐