Merlin's Ultra Premium Sour Diesel 🫢⛽with pics- ULTRA Classic strain

edited April 29 in Product Reviews

Hey ladies and Gents, Back for a couple more reviews this evening. First up we have one of the most famous strains on the market, and personally always been one of my favorites for its amazing smell, taste, and most importantly, its uplifting experience!

Merlin's Ultra Premium Sour Diesel 🫢⛽

The Appearance: Light green, covered in white Trichomes like a nice layer of snow across the mountain. Flowers range in size from single bowl size to the larger ones being double finger wide and 2-3" long. Check out the pics, this one has a lot of shine and some amazing formation to the trichomes.

The Smell: Very typical Sour Diesel, if you aren't familiar with this its very Fuel/gas heavy with a side note of sour almost lemon pine I would best describe it.

The Cure: 9.5/10 Dry to the outside touch, inside is absolutely sticky and pungent once broken apart. Will leave a Sticky icky residue behind no matter what you do. Grinders beware, you will be cleaning the grinder after every 1/4 of this wonderful medicine. IT HAS THE FUNK!

The Taste: Upon first inhale you will note the Fuel/haze flavor then a hit at the back of the throat. Upon exhale you get the awesome fresh I will call "sour gas/pine" finish that leaves your throat almost tingling as the hit leaves your lungs.

The High: Sour Diesel has always been one of my favorites, I love it because it has a very relieving but uplifting high.
I am able to get tons of my list completed with a big smile! It can make cleaning out the garage or car, a fun task while you jam to your favorite tunes. Very good social smoke, awesome for groups and gatherings, will induce laughter and happiness with its pungent smell and distinctive flavor. Very good depression reliever, awesome for a tense situation for a uplifting relief.

The Conclusion: If you want one of the trend setters when it comes to variety strains from the early 90s this is a great choice and has stood the test of time as a favorite since its introduction to the scene. Veterans know it and love it, the new ones to the scene will gain the same appreciation for it once you have had the opportunity. If I could, I would keep this one in my arsenal year round...... @MerlinsMagic ??? lol JK, but not.. Would really like to see this on the menu more often, as its an amazing medicine that really does differ from a lot of the other strains on the market.

Link to pics and microscope pics of this particular run of Beautiful flower.
https://imgur.com/a/jDc9j7Y

Big Thank you to @medboy and @MerlinsMagic for this amazing medicine!

ALL taste testing for these reviews is performed with a laser smoking device for a fuel/element free uninhibited smoke source that has no alternate flavors, butane, or other chemicals to burn providing the purest, cleanest, highest flavor experience available for the most accurate flavor profiles in the world.

Comments

• Looks like classic Sour D! Can’t wait to get some 😎. Look at that frost!

• @Hideurself I'll be looking to keep it. No guarantees, but I did get a bit more which is up on the site now.

• TacTac
    edited May 14

Hideurself what would be your pick the sour D are lambs breath.

• Looking for a panic attack pack sativa, really getting harder to find . Pick up some DP last week was the closest I have come to old school in a while .

• @Tac, strictly my opinion but the Lambs bread has a very upbeat high that can be an heavy hitter sativa but maintains that "happy Buzz" I'd best describe it. I can see why it has been a favorite for many for this reason and would be my choice if I were recommending one available currently. Some great others not on the list I would like to see are jack herer and green crack are two other great hitters in the high sativa realm that bring great flavor along with the punch. Hope this helps and is by no means an endorsement of any kind.

• @Hideurself Yes , I only use sativa flowers thanks

• Durban Poison and Lamb's Bread are landrace sativas. Others include my favorite Thai (AKA Thai Stick), Acapulco Gold, and Maui Wowie. Full Moon is very similar to Thai and has been sold here and was possibly my favorite strain.

The difference in highs between heavy indicas and heavy sativas is so different that it's hard to believe they are the same species of plant.