Deconstructing Strain Descriptions

Some strain descriptions really sell it. Others throw shade by omission. How much of the former is due to literary aspirations on the part of the writer? How much of the latter is due to lack of information about the strain? Please speculate wildly in this discussion thread. Don't let facts get in the way of a good story, as they say...

Comments

• At over 200 words in length, Laughing Buddhah's strain description really intrigues me. As does the name of the strain. Gelato clocks in at barely 50 words. I think I know what I need to do.

Meanwhile, this about Sherbert: "Stress, tension, and sour moods melt away with the carefree mindset and physical relaxation that comes with this rich hybrid." While one could be tempted to dismiss this as hackneyed drivel, it uses "redolent" exceptionally well, and makes me want to smell it.

Platinum Shu I eliminated from consideration, just based on this line: "...the high doesn't last very long."

Anyone else reading the tea leaves???

• We leave it up to each shipper to write their strain descriptions. I find that Loud n Co is more poetic and their descriptions emphasize lineage when possible. Sometimes it's truly a mystery. Med Mama tends to focus more on effects. Which do you like better?

• I'm just glad to have so many choices!

Just wondered if anyone has decoded hidden meaning or patterns in these messages from the Oracles...

As long as I've got you on the line, Oracle Numero Uno (MB)--whicha way to go with the indoor Blue Dream, Loud or MM???

• Send me samples and I'll write all the reviews. :smiley:

• I like descriptions of trim bud size trichome coverage etc. I like to go read up on strains myself when making choices. Just my .02

• Right now Loud has the faster shipping times. I can't comment on quality though.

• Ideally, really good pics of product and then the same reviewer (though we are all different) write brief / original review focused on affect. I know thats not possible in the real world but then we could sorta take out a variable and either go for what the known tester loves or hates lol. I would like to apply for the job! We can talk genetics and growth medium till the cows come home, which I still enjoy reading, but until you smoke it or a smoker you can relate to has it just is what it is, a typically complex plant to grow, harvest, and cure. Medboy recommendations are pretty spot on in my experience, that much testing might leave him unable to carry out many other responsibilities though lol, thanks for all ya do!

• I'd prefer no picture over a wrong or misleading one...Medboy: That ogre can't possibly have a correct photo with it on the MM menu, can it???

• That's the one we got from the shipper. I can ask them.

• I like reading about the effects of the flower.