Forbidden Fruit

This MedMama offering bursts out with the sweet aroma of fermented fruit and a large bouquet of flowers or a whiff of floral perfume. The buds are large. One must be 3-4 grams all by itself. Others are more modest but they are all quite well formed; many are shaped like Christmas trees. The picture from the strain description does not quite do it justice. The trichome frosting is light when viewed at 52x magnification. There are orange hairs, but sparse.

The taste is unexpected. Woody. Musky. Fruit is in there, too, of course. An enjoyable smoke--and unique. Deserves an antique pipe, a bathrobe, and an attendant in support of the proceedings.

The buzz is productive and light. I find myself more interested in writing this review than I thought I would be. This is another useful strain for me. It serves a similar purpose to "Peaches" (also a MedMama greenhouse product). As others have noted elsewhere on this forum (Spongepail, I think?), Peaches seems to have more complexity to the stoniness and is also a bit stronger than Forbidden Fruit. Without testing data, who knows? And who cares, anyway? Both are lovely, fruit forward varieties that I will smoke with pleasure all day long.

Comments

• Great review as always. Wish I could just rate it instead of babbling while high.

• Apologies: It was Superman38NC who posted the first Forbidden Fruit review (https://medicinemanonline.com/discussion/9/product-reviews-wanted#latest).

I'm finding it's more fun to mix this stuff with other, more potent strains, than to smoke it by itself.

• Definitely accurate review! The smell is faint, but uniquely fruity. Just wish it was stronger. It reminds of the Alien Orange Cookies last batch as far as potency. Still feel like the Lemon Tree and Wedding Cake are going to be hard to beat. The Indoor Blue Dream I picked up from MedMama a while back is crazy good too!

• The Forbidden Fruit was a let down Low THC,Low Smell & Alot of Seeds.

• Yes, Superman38NC, agreed about AOC. I ended up making coconut oil skin cream with it.

Will end up doing the same with the lone, remaining--gigantic--Forbidden Fruit bud. Full of baby seeds as Green_Leafs7 noted. (Wasn't so noticeable for me in the smaller buds.)

2.5/5 stars.

• edited March 2020

Wow coconut oil skin cream sounds amazing..do you get similar effects? I thought about attempting some RSO..yeah the forbidden fruit is definitely a 2.5..cant win every time..still leaps above the Cindy 99 I received last year...Medboy & Loud straightened that out so big thanks..still savoring the purple Jahgoo

• Absorbing the effects are much slower, but they are highly valued. Not so good on t-shirts, though.

I make one formulation with epsom salts, too. Something about the sulfur in the salt is good for detoxification. So: a buzz, slow, mild, and enduring, and clear skin. What's not to like?

As with RSO, indicas are far better for making this sort of thing.

• Please take down forbidden fruit from your site it clearly has a defect, the high is equivalent to a bag of street weed sad to say.This the first time i got something awful from you guys so i can't be to mad. If you don't believe me, smoke some yourself MM.

• Green_Leafs7, you should send a complaint through the contact form.

The stuff went to seed, which I didn't notice until I got to my largest, final bud.

I won't be complaining because too much time has passed, in my case...

• I got Forbidden Fruit in my order this past week. It has not potency whatsoever and doesn't even taste good, but oh well I'm just happy I got my order

• That’s too bad NayNay..I ordered the FF when it first appeared few months back..definitely not my fav either..but I think George nailed it with he fact it started going to seed..which on the flip side I did get some nice looking seeds from it..I’m sure another batch would be night/day difference..I’ve been mixing mine in with other..

• It's the downside to big buds...even the most excellent Pineapple Punch that I got (and the Purple Urkle) had started forming little "proto-seeds." I like potent, smaller buds best; they invite me to smoke them in bowls when I don't feel like grinding.

The passage of time since I met MedicineMan has changed considerably. @NayNay you're just now getting some FF? It's been about a month or so since I've seen it on the menu. Wondering if you were one of the "lost" orders I've been reading about, around about the end of March.

I don't recommend using the Contact Form for resolving quality issues such as these (contrary to what I wrote on March 21). It sucks that you're not satisfied and it's very understandable. If I had one complaint about MM, and it's been partially addressed now that they sell eighths: there are some occasional poor offerings (very occasional)--almost always Greenhouse. It's inevitable, I guess, but sometimes an herb just "misses." I think it's happened to me twice now, in 100+ orders. AT&T should study this organization...