Jaeger Time Capsule

I love Saturday mornings and weed. I had a bag saved from January, Jaeger, outdoor-grown from Loud. Broke it open and selected a 3g-sized bud and--sad alert!--it's still wonderful, from a potency standpoint, but that great taste and aroma has passed. I'd ask, "what did I do wrong?" but I didn't do anything wrong, storage-wise...it was in the original vacuum bag, sealed. Of all my most memorable herbs from the past year, outdoor strains made up about half of them.

Comments

• That's a bit sad. I just finished my last gram of Jaeger. It tasted great like day one. I believe the storage method is the issue. The vacuum sealed bag may preserve it but, herb needs some air(not a bunch) to maintain it's proper cure.

• Thanks MizterNiceGuy. I've learned my lesson.

With all other strains from back then, I opened the bags and stored them. With Jaeger I got greedy and bought double, then squirreled half the order away. Now I know that doesn't work. I was smoking Willy's Wonder just a week or two ago and it was as good as it was three months ago.

• @georgetirebiter to reply back to someone directly so they see your message use the @ sign followed by their username :smile: . Lol i wish I was like yall. I get weed and my brain says smoke it as fast as possible. Im a human chimney

• @MizterNiceGuy I went and "liberated" my other "deep storage" strains from vacuum bags...Lavender lost most of its fine scent from late last year. Mimosa kept its terpenes mostly together...that version is from February or late January.

• @georgetirebiter I ground up my last 3 thumb sized buds from early February on Monday. They were really pretty buds and its still an exceptional smoke. We will be a little sad when it's finally gone.

• There are products available specifically for storing weed optimally. If you're going to keep them long-term, we recommend going with something like that.

• edited May 2020

Dang George that stinks! I still have a couple Jaeger buds smelling like the day I got them.would share if I could 😀.. several years ago I tried doing the vacuum seal thing and lost a lot to mold..that and I didn’t like squashed buds..

Since then I typically store all of my bud separately in pint/half-pint or smaller canning jars. Some still in the bags and my little jam jars just loose nugs. I keep them sealed pretty tight, but make a point to open them occasionally. Little air exchange seems to keep them fresh and mold free. I keep the jars in dark cool humidity controlled space..been doing this for years and not a single mold or spoil problem. Definitely minimizes loss of aroma, appeal, and potency.

• does anyone here recommend freezing weed in the freezer as a way to keep it fresh?

• No freezer. There is still some moisture in the buds to freeze and ice up. You know how veggies come out. A little limp and wet. Imagine that with bud.

• To add on to what SpongePail said, the remaining water molecules the freeze will cause crystals that can shred or cut through important molecules in the buds and destroy them.

• ok i appreciate the advice i wont do that

• If I was going to freeze buds I would put them very loosely in a mason jar..however I think just storing them like I mentioned above works well..Just my 2 cents