Strain Recommendation

edited August 2020 in Questions

My daughter came by the other day and asked me I could get her something that would let her sleep. It seems she suffers from insomnia and read somewhere that cannabis is a good way of treating it.

Her requirements were: something that she can use that will knock her out, but would not cause a great case of the munchies.

I am no cannabis expert, and I know that different strains act differently for different people.

For instance, I was in Las Vegas one evening and stopped at a dispensary just before I headed east towards home. I bought 2 one gram pre-rolled Durban Poison joints. 1000 miles and about 15 hours later I was home, with 1 joint and a roach left. I would recommend Durban Poison for when you need to stay focused and alert. (with a great buzz as a bonus :smile: )

So, I am seeking recommendations. Thanks!

Comments

• Jump on that indoor Bubba Kush!

• Agree, out of the things that are up right now I would recommend the Bubba or the White cookies .

• Agree with bubba and white cookies. Though a decent indica is always going to give you the munchies. You just have to try to control it. Once you get used to it, you'll stop giving in to it. It also helps to not have junk food around. Keep healthy snacks on hand instead.

• The Bubba Kush helped me pretty good last night. Been using that and Blackberry Kush to sleep.

• Super skunk is pretty good too, although it has given me a ridiculous case of the munchies, but that's just me, haha

• @justaguy Also, I see Grandaddy Purp is on the menu. I haven't had it, but I was asking for suggestions for sleep last month and that is one of the names I believe was mentioned.

https://medicinemanonline.com/discussion/1262/first-timer-mm-buyer-somewhat-newbie-looking-for-advice#latest

Also, thanks for the tips on Durban Poison. I like smoking during the day and at social events and strains like that are always on my list. I have found Space Queen, XJ13, and Jack Herer are good for me to smoke during the day/afternoon and still be able to be social and coherent while still getting a nice buzz.

• GDP just came on the Loud page taht'll knock you out great for pain too

• the blackberry is one of the most knock-me-out strains that I have ever tried. my wife jokes about it bc i smoke it and then when i'm sitting on the couch i slowly but surely start reclining more and more like the couch is sucking me inside.. then i'm asleep . 100% this happens if i smoke that blackberry after 8pm :joy:

i am super interested in GDP tho!! i smoked some "purple" bud back as a youngster.. not sure if it was an actual purple strain, or not, bc it was just a dusted fan leaf or 2 that was purple.. but man... the way it tasted was unlike anything i've ever tried. been trying to find that taste ever since basically

• GDP can be pretty good for insomnia, and has a reputation for it.

Looking at everything on the menu, I'd say your best bet is Medmama's Discount Green Hindu Kush. Straight heavy indica, and one of my favorite night time strains for years. You can't beat the discount price! I've never been disappointed with either Loud's or MedMama's discount bud. It's absolutely the best value!

• Grandaddy for sure

• Gelato #41 dont look back

• Thanks y'all for all the ideas. She has decided on the Bubba Kush.

She is not a consumer of cannabis because of random invasions of privacy at her workplace so I think she will have an interesting point of view and I will post her review when she has one. Give us a couple of weeks.