Flower Alchemy

edited March 2021 in General

This morning I'm mixing some Blue Dream with the outdoor Mystery flower. It's good! The strong flavor of the BD compensates for Mystery's lack of...personality. But Mystery adds a bit of licorice, or something. I quite like it. Good herb blend for a.m. vaping. I could see mixing any fruity sativa with Mystery for all day use.

Comments

• Smart! I've never thought about doing that, mixing a substandard with a better strain. Makes obvious sense now that I think about it. I have learned sooo much from this place in just four months lol

• Careful, though! It only works in small batches.

I should have been born in the Middle Ages....

• I've been mixing a lot lately with nice success. I like to mix similar and different strains. I view it like mutts. You get the best of both breeds. And the best of both strains. Pineapple Express + Sour Diesel was great for music listening.

• one of my favorite ever was that purple ass Alien Fire Kush, but i can't remember what the legendary mix was!!! i don't remember what the 2nd strain was, but it was one of the best ever.

also really liked the premium Blueberry Muffins + Triple Chocolate Chip .. did that mix a couple times . i miss the Triple Chocolate Chip! @LoudnCo @medmama @medboy @medman im gonna tag you all bc i think this is important enough : it goes by many names (TCC, Ocean Cookies, OG cookies, and others im sure.. boy scout cookies)... but the cross is GSC x OG . .. would be absolutely bomb if we got some of this to come back around.... as the few times i've had it, it's been some of the best.

• edited March 2021

v32Finish funny that you mentioned TCC. It popped up on the menu at my local medical dispensary today. All flower in the state is prepackaged. I find it interesting that they have a 1/2oz package of 18.6% for $129 or a 1/5th of 23.7% for $80...crazy. They also have some 34.4% Garlic Cookies at $48 a 1/10th. The cannabis here is getting better but it's crazy expensive. I'd rather just get it here!

As to the original post, I haven't mixed flower intentionally much (sounds like I might be missing out). However, I have long mixed different concentrates with my flower for certain tastes and effects. I really like mixing different strains of kief with flower as it's much easier to work with than most of the other "stickier" concentrates and generally adds a little kick!

• I have mixed for years, my gr8tr grinder makes it to easy. When I tire of a strain I just dump it in the top or bottom. What I end up with most of the time is a marvelous tasty concoction. Late last night it was Bubba Kush × chemdawg "last year's batch"×royal kush with I think some jungle punch . I usually save the very bottom of my grinder for A+ mixes. The middle is my single malt daily flower. 🤤

• I like blending different strains as well. Been doing it for awhile My fave for mornings is a combo of Nepalese and Sour D. An eye opener and a bit motivational to get things done. For evening time I combine Puple Kush, Ghost OG and White Rhino about an hour before bed. Puts me the mood for some heavy zzzzz's.

• @TheProfessor Lucky you!!! im curious... is it similar to the batch we got here? looks, smell, taste, etc. i would definitely love to grab some if it were ever available.

can i be the one to just say it, altho i'm sure i'm not the first.... selling 1/10ths of oz's of weed is a bit ridiculous and bordering on scam territory.. shysters

• @bluedreamer that sounds like an amazing combination.. both actually, but i was talking about the PM ... haha . the weed version of Tylenol PM

• @v32Finish I actually don’t know...lol. I haven’t had any dispensary TCC yet, I’ve only had TCC kief. I saw today that a second dispensary in town apparently has a 3rd batch of 17.83% TCC 1/10ths at $40. It doesn’t make sense. Three batches (3 different %), three sizes of packaging, two competing dispensaries...and they’re all from the same company. Not sure which I’d buy. Besides, I only have days/points for less than an oz of flower and no refills until the end of the month. Medical Cannabis is fantastic! 😳
    I know...I should not be complaining...compared to many, I am incredibly lucky! I’ll be making a trip in the next week. If I can pick up some of the stronger TCC I will!😎