"Recreational Pot"

Does this term bother anyone else? Can we call it "personal use," please?

Comments

• Yes it is bothersome. Very. "Recreational" is the term "THEY" use to categorize "potheads"/"junkie"(in a nice way) or people they believe use just to get "fucked up". In a sense it's degrading.
    Let's talk about "recreational" alcohol.
    Recreational food even?

• Herbalist is the pronoun I go by.
    respect the MMJ community
    no offense to those offended

• Not offended but I could see from a different perspective about labels as such.

• Doesn't bother me, just let me use cannabis in peace. Thank you.

• Grateful Dead Listening Stoner. Call me whatever just pass the joint. LOL

• Tobacco deaths 480,000 per year of which 41,000 are 2nd hand smoke, Alcohol deaths 88,000 per year, Cannabis deaths 0 per year. Call it what you want- I prefer hypocrisy medicine.

• Call me Ishmael.

• Just don’t call me late tor dinner

• @funkynugz if you get high and forget about dinner, are you really late?

• If you look up the definition of the word "recreational" it means "relating to or denoting activity done for enjoyment when one is NOT working". I don't know about you guys, but I get baked and do work all the time. For people who work at dispensaries, the pot IS the work. Not sure the label fits me.

• Totally agree with @Stab_Snipers, the label totally doesn't fit me.

• edited April 2020

I think you are on to something. One of the best ways towards legalization (or prohibition) has been to change the narrative. They made us break the cause of legalization down to 'medical' and 'recreational' when all of it is really 'personal use'.

The next time I get a "Oh, so you want to legalize recreational pot too?" question, I will say "No, I want to legalize cannabis for personal use."

They will have to stop and think on that one for a moment, and that moment may be all that is needed to change a mind.

peace!

• edited April 2020

As I always say. It's a damn plant. The government should have as much to say about cannabis as they do about dandelions. And I'm not trying to give them any ideas...

• alchohol is legal and its way worse than weed for the mind and body... That alone should be enough to push legalization federally. Also think about the billions America as a country will make due to weed legalization.

• It's gonna be so hard for the government to put young minorities in jail though with legal cannabis. How are Cops gonna take out their aggression otherwise!? Just think of the booms feelings!

• edited May 2020

Only a free market will produce good results. We see that here since laws are being ignored. As soon as government starts regulating, that invites lobbyists which ends up eventually creating monopolies selling low quality high priced and highly taxed crap.