Dolato

Finally got around to opening Loud's Dolato.

Here's the description, from Loud's menu:

Indoor - Dolato
This strain has a divine aray of colors from light to dark greens, with citrusy purple velvet, all frosted with jewel like trichomes. Dolato's terpene profile features a earthy, fruity scent leaving you with a lavendar taste. Dolato gives you a smooth, productive, clear high; leaving you mentally stimulated while your body relaxes.

I read a handful of reviews of this strain, some from Washington state, before ordering. The consensus was, basically, "it looks stunning but has no smell or taste of any note."

I don't know what the other reviewers were smoking. This is some of the baddest-tasting herb I've smoked lately. That it's visually stunning doesn't hurt!

The Looks: It has the purple/orange/green color contrast thing going. Buds are large. It looks the part of top shelf.

The Smell: Ripe pear or peaches out of the bag: strong, gassy fruit.

The Taste: Exquisite sweetness. Herbal and woody.

The Effects: It's got all the qualities you'd expect from the offspring of Dosidos and Gelato 41...highly relaxing, cerebral but not intensely so.

Conclusion

This is another in a long and potent two week run of wonderful "strongly hybrid" strains from Loud (including *Space Cookies and California Orange and others).

*If you ordered Loud's Purple Haze recently, I think you actually got Space Candy...but that's a tale for another thread (https://medicinemanonline.com/discussion/comment/4793#Comment_4793)...

Comments

• Looking forward! I just made another order Sunday night, Dolato, wedding cake, and sundae driver!! All “higher than avg” thc strains. Will keep updated

• I can’t wait I ordered the dolato as well looks like have to place another order that Death Star has peeked my curiosity

• I still have Mothers Milk a couple notches above Space Candy.

• @Fastguy199 Hopefully you get in on the sundae driver. I placed an order for that and gelato, my bag of sundae driver had a * Sub Gelato hand written on the top, so I'm assuming I got 2 bags of Gelato. I would have been ok with anything else but the same thing again, but no biggie.

@georgetirebiter awesome review!

• @Jdtokes I put “no subs” fingers still crossed 😬

• I did too, but no such luck. I was still pleased with what I got, but would have rather had a different strain for sub.

• @Jdtokes will let you know 🤙🏻

• edited April 2020

Love this strain. Top 10 so far. Got some from last batch with Fruit Loops(#1). Smell did no justice but was potent, tasty, and strong.

• @Fastguy199 Sounds good! I'll look forward to it. Speaking of, hope to get in on that Thai and animal cookies!

• Just received dolato and wedding cake from loud
    This dolato I felt the 1st puff and then the 2nd 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿
    That’s it gonna try to finish entire spliff
    TBC

• Man am i tripping out? why yall keep calling it dolato? its gelato with a G isnt it ??

• They're two separate strains. Dolato is a cross between Do-si-dos and Gelato #41. MedMama currently has some Gelato. I think Loud had the Dolato fairly recently.

• @TheProfessor I see, thanks for explaining that