Illegal to ship any vape supplies as of April 1

The postal ban and PACT Act provisions will include all e-liquid and oil vaping devices, nicotine and nicotine-free e-liquids, CBD and delta-8 THC liquids and oils, and every related component, part or accessory intended for those products.

You will NOT be able to mail order any vaping supplies. Period.

@medboy @medman Any chance of adding a hardware category? A way to order empty 510 carts and other vaping related items. An opening for a new shipper perhaps???

Comments

• What?!!!😫😫

• Wonder if my electric Terp straw counts. Without replacement coil tips it’ll be pretty useless.

• Yeah I just ordered big bottle of nicotine because of that, ima need my eliquid and nic fix but don't like paying retail

• I know of new exciting products and ways of doing it to get around this- just wait and see guys and girls

• I hope so @MikeyC , I really hope so.

• From what I read online the Act was passed in 2009, went into effect in 2010 and refers to "tobacco and smokeless tobacco.".....

• The new law does two things:

-Instructs the U.S. Postal Service to create regulations prohibiting shipment of all vaping products through the U.S. Mail to residential addresses

-Inserts vaping products into the Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking (PACT) Act. (The PACT Act is an amendment to the older federal Jenkins Act)

The Preventing Online Sales of E-Cigarettes to Children Act covers a much wider range of products than the FDA’s Deeming Rule, and is unrelated to the FDA’s tobacco and vaping regulations. The definition of products covered by the law is so broad that it captures not just nicotine vaping devices and e-liquid, but anything that can be used to vape any liquid- or oil-based substance (and the substances themselves).

Following passage of the new law, the major private delivery companies announced that they too would stop delivering vaping products, not just to homes but also to businesses. Fedex will end vape product shipping March 1, and UPS on April 5. DHL had already prohibited shipping vaping and nicotine products in the U.S. before the law passed.

• What a bunch of typical government/political bullshit. I will be a criminal for the rest of my life while hurting no one.

• edited March 2021

As long as there is a legal market the black market will be well supplied .
    I trust MM & MB will take care of everyone .What about wax & shatter ,are they affected ? 30

• @Sixwaychili Correct. That is exactly the goal. Everyone is a criminal but only the rich can buy lawyers. Almost as if it were planned that way...

• If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed for you before questioning can begin. 30

• Wow. Lots of small businesses affected by this. Gonna be messy if the shippers start ripping packages open for inspections.

• Inspections? Not by USPS I hope. That would be unprecedented @funkynugz.

• i think its illegal to ship anything we get in mail

• edited March 2021

FedEx and UPS have no protections in their service agreement terms. They can do what they want. And I agree the PO “legally” will have difficulty because they operate under different privacy standards than the others. The line between them is still pretty fine though.

But... my point is why would they go to all this hubbub if they’re not going to put money where their mouth is? If it’s not enforced then the whole issue is hot air. According to that article posted, they’ve got 120 days to figure that out and the government is going to lobby them hard for a solid, enforceable solution.

There seem to a few outs for vendors though, none of them stellar.

“Under the new regulations, sellers of vaping products must do the following:

•Ship through private companies, such as DHL, which requires a signature upon delivery.
    •Register with the U.S. attorney general.
    •Implement an age-verification system.”

The last option is a likely best for all solution to keep the hawks off vendor backs. The small ones will certainly suffer from this. Will be interesting to watch what happens.

• USPS can't even f'ing ship packages and they're now going to have far more responsibility? Pffft.

• @Sixwaychili 😂😂😂😂 true that!

• You're missing the exceptions people. Get better at researching and don't be afraid to barge in with relevant FACTS...

The Postal Service’s yet-to-be-published clarifying regulations could address whether business-to-business deliveries will remain permitted for ENDS.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1716E

Exceptions
    (4)Certain individuals.—
    (A)In general.—
    Subsection (a) shall not apply to tobacco products mailed by individuals who are not minors for noncommercial purposes, including the return of a damaged or unacceptable tobacco product to the manufacturer.

• When you saw something like "You will NOT be able to mail order any vaping supplies. Period." And then there's exceptions... Smh

• Same . 5 days no label it will show half way when it appears

• USPS needs a search warrant in order to open your package.