Grow plants

Just put last of my four plans in mason jars . First time growing . Fun hobby and if you have time and space highly recommend . After years of buying its fun seeing how it all starts.

Comments

• Mason jars are not going to be good for the long term. You will have to break them to transplant. If you use the wider mouth jars that have straighter sides you might have a better chance at getting them out.
    The roots need drainage and oxygen. They will never get large enough to do anything.

Anyone can sprout some seeds and make a plant, but to make anything worth having is going to take a lot of trial and error and practice, or serious study and dedication. Plants can be huge if they get what they need.

And also, consider this; the law doesn't care if your plant is raggedy covered in bugs, yellowing with the leaves falling off and no buds. It's still a marijuana plant. So my advice is if you are going to grow it, do it right and make the most of your plant or plants.

One person who knows what they are doing can grow one plant and get more bud than someone who doesn't know what they are doing growing 10 plants.

If you want to learn from professionals check out autoflower.net. It's the best source for growing info on the internet.

• I am curing my buds in mason jars. Didn't get alot off my four plants. Probably eight ounces after its all done. Not a bad return on my investment and fun hobby. Can't wait to vape some of my own buds in a few weeks.

• Mason jars are perfect for curing.

• @Lyn I misunderstood. The jars are perfect for curing. Just make sure everything is dry enough.
    If you got that much, that's pretty good for a first time grow.
    Did you use soil or hydroponics?

• Someday, I'll start a grow. I've tried some quite mediocre cannabis that friends have grown and realized that I'm so incredibly spoiled by medicineman that I can't even smoke it. I'd have to smoke 10 times as much to get high. The only thing I'd do with most of it is make oil.

• LynLyn
    edited November 2021

I used Fox farms soil with seeds from seedsman . I didn't change light schedule on time so was about eight months before harvest. Basement got a little smelly but once again very enjoyable experience. At 58 need some hobbies. I used a light, humidifier and small fan.

• To me, hydro is a lot easier and more forgiving once you get the basics down.
    Look into bubbler buckets. Super easy and cheap setup.
    Make sure you have something to check the ph. If the ph is out of whack the plants can not take in the nutrients it needs. Even if you're using the proper nutrients, the plants can not absorb them if the ph is too high or too low. 5.8-6.2 on ph.

Growing is an amazing and fascinating hobby when you start getting into the fine details.

Like vapor pressure differentials, and light spectrums.

You can get tons of autoflower stains that are non-photosensitive. So you don't have to worry about the light cycle. Some of your auto flowers take about a month to start budding too. They are significantly smaller plants, but flower and mature a lot sooner. It's been a while, but I think about 90 days to mature is pretty much average.

• Wow 90 days. I will look into hydro . Be honest got more herb than I will need for awhile. My consumption isn't like my younger years. I meant to say de-humidifier. I didn't change light schedule as was still learning so had the plants running for about eight mths.

• Didnt look like much on plants but after picking off buds I was surprised .

• 90 days is only from auto-flowering strains.
    Hydroponics gives you more (quicker) control over the plants like if they have a little leaf burn starting, you can just do a quick reservoir change to stop the damage.
    Any nutrients or amendments are going straight to the roots.
    Go check out that website I mentioned. You can be pulling pounds off of a single plant if you have enough space.
    Maybe not pounds off of an auto, but photos can give lots of weight if you're able to nurse them and learn to read them so you can give them everything they need when they need it.
    Check out SCROG too. It stands for screen of green.
    With 1 plant in a bubble bucket grown using the scrog method, you can create a monster.

• Nice, wish I had done this in my youth . Would have saved lots of money. Pretty cool seeing the whole process . Not sure I would kill pounds in two years . I keep reading two years is shelf life on weed ?

• Idk about shelf life. Never had to worry about that! 😆
    It's really hard to say because things like strain, humidity, light, and temperature will all affect it.
    If all the environmental variables are optimal, I don't see why it wouldn't last years.
    At a certain point, I would expect potency and flavor to start degrading gradually.
    I just did a little googling and saw people claiming they have stuff 2-3 years of that's still good and one claiming he has some that is 7 years old.
    I saw a lot of that on Quora.

• LynLyn
    edited November 2021

Thanks. Can't wait to vape my own plants. After years of buying this is my first using my own crop. At 58 fun to have firsts .

• Growing plants is fun if you have alot of free time on your hands. I like to start during late winter if i grow, auto flowers are definately faster growing and do have smaller yeild. Less than two foot maybe at full budding stage. The other kind, not sure what, but ive had them turn into bushes and reach my ceiling. All i ever used for plantfood was rain water and dried banana peels and chips. I still have a collection of seeds from very nice bud ive ordered in the past.

• edited November 2021

I'd look at the auto seeds companies like mephisto genetics, nightowl, gnome automatics etc

• Regular soil with perlite and vermeculite, water with rain water three to four days a week, 2 months of 18/6 lights and 2 months of 12/12 or 10/14 and you should have plenty.

• Old bag seed was best, but the new genetics are good too. Little to centralized imo of genetics. Like I said the old bag seed from Mexican grass was the bomb. Give me some old mlchlacon seeds, please. But that was a long time ago.

• Black Dog LED 400 Kit and my Seed to Harvest for Auto Flower was 67 days!

• You grow any mephisto or nightowl or gnome or rocbud or Barney's farm?

• Nice babies @superman38NC! The Horchata is beautiful!

• edited January 2022

Thx! @TheProfessor both bag seeds from this site. Found only 1 bean from mama’s past horchata batch. So happy it ended up fem. The Cherry OG fan leaf colors is stunning. Wish I could share my friend!

• Some beautiful ladies you got there @superman38NC .I suppose to be pc I shouldn't assume they identify as female...

• Appreciate it! @Fallguy those are both definitely fem plants..some seeds can be purchased as feminized but with bag seed/regular seeds you don’t know until you change light cycles

• LynLyn
    edited January 2022

I bought a grow tent as this time its a winter grow in basement. Grow tent is great so far and two plants growing strong after two months. Next batch I will try auto flowers. Do you need to change light schedule on auto-flower ? I have been vaping my last crop and nice and smooth and potent. New York is going to start selling but be honest growing is the future. It will be a fun retirement activity .

• edited January 2022

Well, they're both really beautiful @superman38NC! I've got a small collection of a couple dozen bag seeds from the past few years. Maybe one day I'll get to try my hand with them!😎🧐 There's several pursuits for home grows in process here both by petition and by legislation. Right now I'd say the odds aren't good for 2022...but there's a chance.🙏

• edited January 2022

@Lyn its definitely a fun activity for retirement 😎 no need to change light cycle for auto’s. Those can be ran 18/6 or even 20/4 I suppose.
    @TheProfessor one day this silliness of legalization will be behind us..should be treated like alcohol at the least. Those bag seed beans can turn into little jewels. Hope you get the chance to grow them!

• @Lyn a lot of people do 24hours on. Also light pollution isn't supposed to effect autos, this really opens the door for urban gorilla growers or those that might prefer a smaller plant that can be harvested before hunting season.

• I have abunch of seeds from my horchata, emerald syrup and blackberry kush orders from this site. Saving them for the spring season.

• edited February 2022

@907ak420. The horchata is real nice! Ive collected Rainbow Chip Gushers, Grape Ape, Motorbreathe, Gelato, Forbidden Fruit, and Cherry OG from here.

Green Crack -https://ibb.co/QdnKrRr