New life for old weed 🪄

edited March 2022 in General

Not a bad pile of hippie crack. From 99g of well-preserved but unneeded mixed dry flower. Still potent af, really mellow vibe. I see homemade moonrocks in my future 🤗

🇺🇦⚔️🇷🇺=😔

Comments

• Wow! 😮

• Hippy crack is nitrous oxide. Laughing gas...
    That just looks like a pile of ground-up weed. Not even kief.

• Ive seen videos of guys putting keif in a bag and nug smashing it for the rosin. I can only imagine what that would produce in a smasher...

• edited March 2022

I love me some hippy crack @funkynugz! I’ve never made it, but have looked into a bag set. I used to get Medmama’s bubblehash regularly, and found some Gelato and Purple Jahgoo at the local med. dispensary, but haven’t seen any for a few months.🙁
    I haven’t done whippits since college!🧐

• Who sounds butthurt? Who is intentionally attempting to offend someone?

I don't need to simmer the fuck down or blame anyone's mama for anything.

Tell me more about how you feel @funkynugz. You sound like you have some issues.

• Probably not the best idea to put a credit card image on here.

Also @phantom_shitter what the hell? You basically called @funkynugz a liar and then double down when they proved they weren't lying.

• edited March 2022

@Sixwaychili fake demo card they keep sending them to me 🤷‍♀️

@bluedreamer smashing kief is a little more challenging to control than with flowers but the results can be funkn amazing. If you ever want to fool around a little, grab a flattop hair curling iron, a vice or a pair of grips and some parchment paper. Videos on Google. It’s tedious but nothing like squishing your own goo.

@TheProfessor for dry sift you won’t need anything too complicated really though at least 2 bags of different micron weave is good. For wet sift I’d go with at least 3 but for quality end product maybe 4 or even 5 bags? Chart explains what’s usual for wet sift. I used a 160u bag and then a 90u screen box for dry. For better quality, 72u or even half that. Drier/older stock will usually result in a dustier final product, but a good test is to light a small pile. If it slow-burns like an incense cone and keeps on burning for a while it’s good enough to puff 👍

—————
    SO WHICH MICRON SIZE SHOULD I USE?

115-micron – Flower and trim at excellent yield with good quality

90-micron – Flower and trim at great yield with great quality

72-micron – Flower and trim at good yield with excellent quality

72-micron – Kief and bubble hash at excellent yield with good quality

36 micron – Flower at decent yield with the best possible quality

36-micron – Kief and bubble hash at good yield with excellent quality

———————

Then press it all into a brick of some sort, a little heat applied during pressing helps the stuff cure. Silicone or Pyrex containers work well. Then cut the stuff into hunks. I have a small aluminum puck hand press but mine tore up its threads apparently.

As with any cannabis journey YMMV. Have a great day.

Mmm. Chunky.

• @funkynugz Wow that looks pretty yummy. Yes I did the hot hair iron trick with my son-in-law and it was cool to do and dab afterward. Fun with cannabis...

• Hell yeah man, good job!

• Wasn’t doing much so decided to do another screen and press. Looking better now.

Let the hash games begin💨

• Hash under glass! Love it @funkynugz! Last time I did that was college in the late 70s! With all pipes and electronic gadgets out there today that’s “old school!”😎🧐

• Don’t make me get out my hot knives now ⚔️ 🤣

Glad I reprocessed it, less in the Lego cube now but much smoother and a nicer burn.

• @funkynugz @TheProfessor

I showed my 67 yr old Dad the pics, then he saw the last one and said, "boy, that brings back memories!".
    😄

• @MigraineWarrior79 your papa is a very lucky and wise man. Us old timers know our stuff 😏

• Please keep discussions civil. Anyone looking for info, help, or conversation, doesn't want to see people arguing, neither do I. Any further insults will be deleted.

• That is old school for sure but the best thing is, no waste. Only an ember left on the pin...

• edited March 2022

@Trippy yeppers. The Blonde Leb definitely flowed in the late 70s. I used to get bricks fronted, split em into foil grams and then headied any and all profits. Funny thing is, if you’ve ever watched Trailer Park Boys, I believe our neighbors to the north 🇨🇦 are still very brick hash oriented. In 1980 people at The Who concert in Toronto QE Stadium traded us for all our flower we snuck over the border. There was soooo much great hash there. Ahh to be 17 again. (Well maybe for a day or two.)

@bluedreamer just don’t pluck the hot coal with bare fingers. Ouch! ☄️

• I'm digging all these stories. Keep em coming 😁💚💨

• My brothers friend who was stationed in Germany sent him birthday card one year in the early 70s that had 4 squished grams of some black afghani that was out of this world. Most of it was consumed iin the jar/pin manner. Amazing what you might get in the mail these and even those days.... Fun times

• In my day car's came with cigarette lighters installed (built in ash trays too). These lighters were great portable hash smoking devices. Get it just glowing, drop piece of hash and inhale(typically with a straw or funnel).

• Explain the hash under glass to me please. I’m a child of the 80s and 90s and we did hot knives or gravity bongs back then but never seen this hash under glass. I guess I could Google it but would rather hear it first hand from the old school heads on here. Thanks

• edited March 2022

Easy peasey.

If you want to do an authentic HUG sesh, grab an old LP album cover, a safety pin and a glass of some sort. Jam the pin through the album cover cardboard (pro tip: use a single sleeve cover and stick the pin inside the open cover and up through the top layer). Carve off a hunk of hash. Mount it on the pin and light it on fire. When it’s rolling hot, jam the glass over the pinhash and let it fill with smoke. Then tilt the glass slightly and suck up the sweetness. It will expand in your airbags so be prepared. Clean hash will continue burning down to white briquette ash.This method works with other sturdy concentrates.

• We always used a straight pin through a little wad of foil to stand it up. We always did ours off the side of a table or shelf. Just slide the glass to the edge and suck that goodness from underneath! Good times!😎🧐

• edited March 2022

The built-in desks in my college dorm room made a perfect place for HUG sessions. I spent a couple years at a little Quaker college that’s probably not that far from either of us @funkynugz.😉😎🧐. That was well over 40 years ago!🤣

• HUG sessions huh. Learn something new everyday! I imagine you guys were smoking a lid out of a wooden dugout pipe too back then 😜