Vape 101

QUESTION: I only burn flower. If I wanted to get into vaping, what vape pen would I need for the type of cartridges offered here? What's the difference between refills and carts?

Comments

• @OzBaxter have you vaped flower? It's a slightly different high and is a little easier on the lungs. I still smoke like a fiend, but try to vape at least a little a day. I then use the ABV (already been vaped) material to make THC infused honey.
    I do have some carts. They're really handy for traveling. The carts here are standard 510 thread carts. You just need a battery or pen that has the 510 thread or a magnetic adapter. I've always like products from The Kind Pen. My go-to is a Breezy (small and discreet with great battery life), but I also have a Pure, and just picked up a Jiggy last week. Although I haven't used all the Jiggy's features, it's a 510 cart multi-power battery, plus a concentrate pen, and e-dab straw. It's quite a versatile device! Refills are just the same cart distillate in a syringe. It's a cheaper DIY option to refill your own carts. Heat and flexible syringe tips are very helpful!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿง

• edited July 2022

@OzBaxter Hi ๐Ÿ‘‹ Thatโ€™s all I ever smoked was bud up until about a year ago when I started having problems with my lungs so I switched over to carts and wax concentrates from @MerlinsMagic There are so many different styles of batteries that are out now for the carts. When I first started smoking cartridges, I went to my medical dispensary and they recommended a 510 battery itโ€™s a little black stick that the cartridge twistโ€™s into, and itโ€™s worked okay it gets the job done ๐Ÿซ  It's a good little battery to start with, it only costs $10 and if you would like to order one just let me know and Iโ€™ll send you the website information. I saw one on Amazon and also, I have a puffco pen that I can smoke concentrates out of or I can twist my cart on it and use it that way but itโ€™s not worth $90 I have been trying to find a different device and yesterday @Rubygirl816 told me about a website called pcktvapor.com they sell empty cartridges, that you can use for the refills they sell on here and I saw they also sell devices. They have one all you do is twist the cart on it and itโ€™s good to go so I'm probably going to order me one. Itโ€™s called Pckt VRTCL and I'll let you know if it's worth getting after I try it out. The difference in carts and refills is the carts you get on @medman are already filled and there ready to go for you all you need is your 510 battery stick or device. The refills takes getting use to a bit. You would have to buy empty cartridges and you use the refills to fill them yourself with. I will let you know what I think about the refills on here. it's my first time trying them out, I ordered a couple yesterday to try. If there good it would be the best deal to get the refills between the carts and refills. I have gotten refills from my medical dispensary but itโ€™s my first time getting them from here. I bet @Rubygirl816 or @MigraineWarrior79 might be able to recommend a better 510 battery or device to you. Iโ€™m sorry, I was jabbering on so much and Good Luck my friend!! ๐Ÿซ 

• @TheProfessor were did you find flexible syringe tips at? That's something I would need for the refills

• @harleygirl_100 my trick for the refills is to us a hair dryer to warm up both the syringe and the empty cart just a bit before filling. It makes things flow so much nicer. Just be careful because it will come out fast.

@OzBaxter i really like the YoCan UniPro battery. Itโ€™s a magnetic one so you have to keep up with the adapters but works great for the 510 threaded carts. Itโ€™s variable voltage and has a nice display that shows you voltage, ohms and thereโ€™s a little timer/stopwatch on it too (although quite useless). Good battery life. Accepts a wide range of sizes of carts. My local vape store sells it for $30 bucks.

• @harleygirl_100 to be honest, my better half is a nurse.๐Ÿ˜Š. Larger gauge blunt syringe tips work as well. That and a hairdryer as @TheMad710Chemist said, to get everything warm and runny minimizes messes.๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿง

• @TheProfessor @harleygirl_100 Wow THANK YOU for the thorough response! I have a wax pen and have tried that. But it's kind of messy and wax comes and goes here. I have a dry-herb vape but, honestly, it makes me cough more than smoking it and the buzz is different. So I think I will try the Breezy 510-thread as suggested. Probably won't try the refill angle unless this becomes my go-to and it becomes too expensive. But I have noticed there are a variety of strains available as vapes that I don't see on the flower menu. So can't wait to dabble.

Again THANK YOU for taking the time to go through all of that. I will let you know the results ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

• Now that I think about it, my Yocan Armor Vaporizer that I use for wax...I bet that has a 510 thread battery. Think that would work?

• edited July 2022

@OzBaxter if it has 510 threads, and I think it does, it should work great! Seems to be a similar design to my new Jiggy!

• @TheProfessor Sweeeeet! I will let you know how it works once I get a cart LOL Thank you again, Prof! Thank you @harleygirl_100 !

• My yocan regen that use for wax also works with carts but I have to take the adaptor off first even though the adapter also has a 510 thread it only works on stock wax atomizer but not familiar with the armor or if it has adapter

• @OzBaxter Your very welcome ๐Ÿ˜Š Iโ€™m here to help, just let me know if I can help you with anything at all..๐Ÿ˜Š
    @TheMad710Chemist & @TheProfessor Thank you both for the tips with using a hair dryer with my refills. I'm going to try this method out whenever I get my refills in.๐Ÿ˜ I have gotten a refill once before from my medical dispensary but I didnโ€™t know about the hair dryer trick and I ended up with a sticky mess everywhere,๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ but hopefully this time will go much smoother. Thank you guyโ€™s again for your help. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Iโ€™ve made that mess before @harleygirl_100 ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜Š! Trial and error ultimately made it pretty messless. Any little messes get cleaned up with a rolling paper and smoked!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿง

• edited July 2022

It sounds like you got the hang of working with the refills @TheProfessor I'm just learning with these refills myself. If I spill it, ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ I haven't learned how to work with it good enough yet to get it in a rolling paper. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜Š

• @harleygirl_100 you can purchase syringes from your local pharmacist

• Once you heat up the syringe, and the cart your refilling, you really wonโ€™t need the blunt tip. Just keep the tip towards the middle, of the cart, and it will pour right in. There are so many different 510 thread batteries. I have a vessel I use.

• Sorry didnโ€™t answer sooner, wasnโ€™t able to get into the forum for a few days @OzBaxter @harleygirl_100

• @harleygirl_100 @TheProfessor @Rubygirl816

Holy CRAP. I am baked !!

Got some Gusher carts in (chose randomly). Screwed it into my Yocan Armor....and it didn't work.

BUT...I messed around with it a little, found there was a little residue on the battery contact, cleaned, and then hit it like it was clogged up (which it wasn't) and DAMN I got a cloud! Nice to find something new to enjoy. THANK YOU everyone for your advice!

• Sweet!! @OzBaxter I occasionally have to get out a q-tip and a little alcohol to clean the connections. Enjoy!!๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿง

• @medboy any idea if the refillables/syringes are coming back? Or more choices for vapes from loud and mmm?

• @Southernbellesmoker Take a look at Loud's vape menu. Just added a bunch of Vape carts and Live Resin disposable vape pods.

• I'm finding the Pineapple Express cart from Loud harsh to hit (burns my throat a little) but it has a spearmint/pineapple flavored buzz that gets me super ripped to the floor. The Gushers from Merlin are smooth and flavorful, great for a long car ride. Going to try Merlin's Orange Cookies next.

• Just added a ton of new vapes from a different person. Let me know what you think, I liked them personally, no issues with clogging, smooth a a nice light flavor.