MUSIC 😀🀟🏻

Comments

• I'm in for making music when this pandemic is over. I know it can be done digitally, but so can masturbation...

• Nice skins there @georgetirebiter πŸ‘

I’ve seen videos on YouTube where musicians around the world do zooms to creat a song. It actually works pretty well. I’ll offer lead, backing, djembe and maracas

• @funkynugz I can dig it. Just getting restless music legs syndrome!

• @georgetirebiter Pearl doesn't get enough praise imo

• I can play the harmonica, and piano! That's about it.
    I've always wanted to learn bass & geetar, but I don't get it, lol, so I gave up trying.
    Haha

• I’ve been playing guitar over 30 years and still don’t get it some days so don’t feel bad πŸ˜†

• edited March 2021

@TreesPlz No they don't. I like to buy products that were built in the USA. Pork Pie, for example. But Pearl's drums, from the cheapest entry-level to the highest of the high end, are all as good, and most likely better, than anyone's. (Dollar for dollar.) And that includes the super high end Made in America brands (Yes, I do put Pearl up against Noble and Cooley and drums that cost three times as much.)

If you look at the picture, the drum kit is a Ludwig Element. That's a kid's kit. That kit can be purchased used for less than that snare drum or, really, any of my ride cymbals. A cheap drum kit can be made to sound quite excellent, but a cheap snare drum is not worth the effort.

• I agree, @georgetirebiter . I still have a Pearl forum series from thirty years ago. A real working man's set. I wouldn't mind a nice NC made Ludwig show piece though.

• What's your finish, @TreesPlz? And by that I mean dream finish. I think silver sparkle is awesome, by the way. And wood. Just wood, man.

• edited March 2021

@georgetirebiter I always prefer a steel snare for a crisp pop that cuts through everything. I think birch has a great sounding shell. But I have to confess that a Bonham style vistalite set would be pretty sweet.

• edited March 2021

I used to own a blue sparkle Slingerland. I kick myself for selling such a vintage classic, but I was young and ignorant of its value.

• edited March 2021

Consider thread hijacked: @TreesPlz My first kit was a Ludwig standard. Ignorance won and I sold it. I had a blue double bass Vistalite set for awhile. Two more Standards. One classic. Wish I could have kept those, too. In the end, the only thing I can carry with me from one decade to the next are cymbals. The snare drums get stolen, of course. Cymbals, too, the small ones. Luckily no one knows the value of a 22" K Heavy.

I get it with respect to steel snares. They're great for many styles. Recording, too. I'll pull out mine again, I'm sure (Tama...the acronym one, SR-something) again some day. For now I'm rooted in warmth and not concerned with cutting through other instruments. Got no one to play with. Cue violins...

• Last year, I finally bit the bullet and took the plunge into an edrum kit. Pretty cool, but I can't past the feel... Lifeless.

• lol i always love a good hijacking, especially when it's interesting stuff. and relevant . great stuff... definitely would be down to make some music sometime.

what a great thread.

• edited March 2021

oops. Sorry. I got all excited and stuff ☺️

For those playing along (see what I did there?), that guitar I posted is on its way but according to Guitar Center it’s the last one left in North America 😳 Hoping it’s in still in ok shape. Coming from one of their stores in Scranton PA, home of The Office πŸ€“

• It's beautiful @funkynugz.

This reminds me about what the world needs now. Remember that Todd Rundgren tune? I don't want to work, I just want to bang on my drums all day?"

We need to update that one to include guitar and keyboard players.

• Amen brother πŸ‘

• Hmmm, The musicians seemed to have gathered on this thread. Being one myself I kinda get drawn to this music thread and since you were discussing instrumentation, my interest was really piqued. May I contribute? I have played guitar since the late seventies ( self taught ) and played in bands since the early nineties and have gone through more equipment than I care to remember. Never wanted to be a flashy lead player just a good steady rhythm who sings and writes songs. I have a love of British Invasion music and cut my guitar teeth on the Beatles, Stones, Who and Kinks. My tastes have evolved over the years as I have as well. Youd never know it though by what equipment I have kept. Too many musical favorites to name now, perhaps a later thread. Presently I own a 1978 Rickenbacker 360 six string, a 2003 Rickenbacker 660 12 string both electric. Acoustically I have a thing for 12 strings. I own a 1968 Ovation Glen Campbell model 12, a black Takamine EF381SC 12 and a RainSong WS-3000 all carbon fiber 12. I also have 70s Crown six string that is a Japanese Martin copy that I put some nice Gotoh tuners on to keep it in tune. Amp-wise I have a Vox ac10 combo 8 in speaker, a Vox ac15 2 channel head that plugs into a custom 2 12 cabinet with Vox Neo-Dog speakers and a Peavey valve king 60 watt combo that has modded tubes and speaker. It plugs into another external cab with a matching 12 in Eminence speaker. Plus the assorted pedals that gearheads collect. Ive been able to tame the gear demon but I must admit I have lusted after some cool guitars out there. Yeah if there is a band forming I would be happy to throw a few songs in the ring.

• edited March 2021

@TreesPlz thanks and "please sir can I have some'ore" πŸ’€

• edited March 2021

Just my headspace at the moment. ![](Watch "Little Wing amazing version by Jimi Hendrix" on YouTube
    )

• edited March 2021

@TreesPlz thanks for the Manassas! I've loved Stephen Still's work since I was a kid in the '60s. He's a incredible singer/songwriter and musician!

This IS an awesome thread. I'm just sitting here baking after work, checking out all these tunes and cool videos. Most I'm familiar with, some I'm not and I'm being turned on to good music. Conclusion...cannabis consumers have good taste in tunes! (at least here...in this thread...where there seem to me a lot of musicians! )😎

• Ditto @TheProfessor to say that @TreesPlz and the rest of the merry band of video linkers...yeah, man. @MNTDWLER Jimi all day long, yes. I'll have seconds and thirds of everything.

• edited March 2021

IMHO, the absolute greatest guitar work of all time was Jimi Hendrix performance on Band of Gypsys live album on the song, Power to Love. Incredible performance.

This.

• @TreesPlz πŸ™πŸ½