New Strains

Oh nice, medmama with some new stuff! Gelato Jet Fuel looks amazing. OG Kush, a classic! Lemon pound cake, Wonka...all look great.

Comments

• Nice!! i'm gonna have to pass on this round, I have just stocked myself up to the brim and while that Gelato Jet Fuel is really tempting me to do a "just 1 more jar" I will likely sit this one out and see what everyone says!

(ok who am i kidding i may have to see if i can squeeze that gelato jet fuel in somehow bc that just looks amazing) but yeah I would like to try ALL these strains but hey, next time!

• Me too...would love to, but shouldn't. Also would like to see what Loud drops.

• I'd go Wonka & Jet fuel! But..I'm way too stocked from Mama & Loud with more on the way.

• Most definitely 🤣

• edited August 2020

Just bought some Pound Cake, sounds delish

• That London Pound Cake looks really nice

• @MizterNiceGuy lots of interesting options...but I'm also well stocked. It's hard to justify ordering more when I have so much of so many different strains...and can still run down to the dispensary if I had too! I never dreamed I could get a card...but had a long talk with my doctor at the end of June and he helped make it happen. It feels so good to medicate legally!

• Yeah @TheProfessor just can't do..I shouldn't.😅 I remember missing my medcard while in Cali but not since medman! Suffered for a good 7 years though.

• @MoonMan5 you should click my profile for my discussions. Outdoor can beat indoor and vice versa. It's more a genetics game(and gamble)than anything.

• edited August 2020

@MoonMan5 and you can reduce your risk by knowing your cannabis strains, having an idea of what you might like, and then be ready to buy and pay quickly when it pops up on the menu. But like purchasing anything illegal in a black market...yea...it's a gamble. :wink:

• The odds are so much more in your favor here though as opposed to anything you might find locally. Assuming you don’t live in or near a rec legal state. Getting some “dro” locally lately has been a total shit show. None of it comes close to medman and while I’m sure I haven’t sampled as many strains as others here I can only remember one time getting something that didn’t gel with me. And I stick to the cheap stuff, outdoor, etc. And I’ll jump on the smalls every chance I get because it’s unbeatable for value.

• Growing is always a great way to know what weed you are getting. You can get cannabis seeds online fairly easy and legally using a debit card if you want. I got some Gelato #33 seeds im waiting because my veg tent is full of Cheese and OG #18. Its a fun expensive process, but the savings!

• @BMan this is something I'm just now getting into.. I'm growing 2 little photoperiod plants right now, Black Valium by Top Shelf Elite and High Priority by 710 Genetics.

I basically did just what you said, kind of on a whim, I had seen seedbanks before but never actually grown anything out except one time that really wasn't very successful (not much bud and i didn't cure long enough) . So I bought a couple kinds of seeds and a small 150w HPS and kind of haphazardly turned an under-stairs closet into a little grow room. My wife was already using this area to grow lettuce and sprouts and stuff so I kinda just slid on in ;)

so yeah i am looking forward to maybe in the future upgrading this space bc it's kind of janky right now.. there's other storage in there, so there could be more room, but it's plenty big even right now for 2-3 plants. I have used these different plastic containers and plastic shelving to kind of raise and lower them as needed, and i've used a combination of the HPS and wide spectrum CFL lights. they stunted as babies and now i can't decide whether to flip them into flower right now or wait 1 more week. lol

I'm curious to try an Auto strain since i've never grown autos and i hear they're much quicker from seed to harvest.. so i just placed an order from a seedbank, but since the confirmation email doesn't have the actual items... i can't remember what seeds i ordered :joy: i think i picked 2-3 autos that i liked and just bought a couple of each. hoping i get another email with an invoice. but yeah as Bman pointed out, it's great KNOWING what i'm getting and knowing what it looks like straight from the seed . .

I will close this comment here since i'm rambling on but i would like to ask anyone who reads this, if you have any recommendation for a good seedbank or site to order seeds from, can you let me know? I have used Sensible Seeds and had good service/experience with them, but since I am newbie in this area i would like to know the 'best' places to order from. (I like buying smaller amounts- some sites I've seen, they are more focused on like "$99 for 10 seeds" type of pricing, where .. i don't like that.. both my orders have been like under 60 bucks for 1-3 seeds a piece on a couple strains)

• Check out Seedsman.com. Just placed an order a few weeks ago and with all the deals and promos I’m getting about 10 diff strains for under $100. You get a better discount and more free seeds if you pay by bitcoin. Similar process as this site. I ran some auto’s last yr, they were ok but this yr I’m going back to regular/fem seeds. Thx to this site I was able to nail down some must haves!

• hmm.. interesting. thanks @superman38NC ! heck yeah. i will try out Seedsman then. can you elaborate on your choice to go back from auto's to normal fem seeds? I really have no clue about autos so i'm still a little on the fence about them.

But yeah I never even thought about what you just said about nailing down some must haves.. very interesting indeed. Im thinking about getting a tent, as well.. i haven't decided on my permanent setup but just talking about it i get excited about it

• Ive always had smaller grows..but last yr I tried autos mixed in with some fem seeds..trying to get the lighting to accommodate both for the most yield was challenging..my plants from fem seeds definitely yielded more. If you ran solely autos you would be ok. I will say with all the autos available now there can be a big diff of height still..I personally realized I like sticking with fem/reg seeds. Tents are definitely a must for odor control..get a good carbon filter with a dc variable fan. I’ve used hps lights prior to last year which I used an awesome LED light with full spectrum capabilities..so many options 😁..

As far as nailing down strains there are 1000’s out there..Seedsman offers a great selection of good breeders from all over..

• Right on! I'm definitely looking into a tent. Have you (or anyone else) tried different brands? Is there a universally recognized tent that is the best or high quality? Like you said, so many options . I definitely want to transition into a tent for sure . Thought about building a setup or big grow box contraption.. but I'm not feeling a big project rn.

But yeah I'm looking forward to checking out seedsman

• @v32Finish im currently running a 5x5 flower tent from Vivosun (quality brand imo) i use a 4ft T5 8 bulb 434 watt in there it has the widest spectrum among lights, but i need to put another one in there. I have a. 2x4 Veg Tent with a 1ft 600watt LED in there. For my germination i just use a 2 bulb T8, but sometimes its too much so i have to use just one bulb at first so i dont kill the cotyledons. I would advise against auto flowers at first because they are hard to work with because they dont take anywhere near as much nutrients as a photoperiod, but they can also be the opposite. Also if you top them at the wrong time and they flip to flower then you are fucked lol the difference in time is really not that much in my opinion. Atleast with the photo’s you can control when you want to flower so you can always veg them for like 3 weeks and then flip it to flower and still get a good yield from it. Growing is fun

• Right on!! Yeah I'm gonna have to check out some autos at some point but I think I would like photos better too

• Loud & Co scares me when their stock gets VERY low. Hold on to your wallets!

• edited August 2020

Ha!....no @MoonMan5 . It means I may have to spend money I don't have soon on Loud products.
    My wallet needs a few days at least.

• Lol @MizterNiceGuy I feel the same way.. I saw it dropped down to one strain and I clenched up a little bit :joy:

• @MizterNiceGuy & @v32Finish Hahaha! Watch them drop something legendary...

• I just loaded up 5 new strains from Loud, including a couple of all-time favorites... ;)

• Today was a good day

• Here I am on the fence about getting more premium FL because I have so much right now. Will be gone before I decide.

• Thy will be done.

• Well, I ordered an ounce. That's it for awhile. lol

• When you like it you like it. That’s all that matters.

• Got an 1/8th of FL lol had no choice with that description