What's Working For You ?

edited March 2021 in General

I medicate for several different reasons and use different strains for the same reasons. Right now I'm using. 1)GG#4 & WHITE RHINO for pain. 2)Sunset Sherbert & Chemdawg for anxiety, PTSD and depression. 3) BlackBerry Octane for sleep. I would be grateful to hear what others are using to medicate. Thanks, Dweller

Comments

• If I want to get high, I use Magic Mellon, if I want to get stoned, it's IG Kush for me. If I wanna get a little in between, Blue Dream seems to do the trick. YMMV.

• All I know is nowadays I wait til just before bed to do any kind of concentrates. Was getting out of hand for daytime use.

• @funkynugz same here. I have barely touched my concentrates in a couple of months. I really like giving my receptors a chance to fully embrace flower every now and then. I do get super high recreationally it's just not as important as the medically administered medication anymore. However reaping benefits from both is it's own reward lol.

• Every strain I have has a medicinal purpose, and generally a time of day. For arthritic pain, anxiety, and panic disorder during the day (when able) it’s generally GSC genetics based strains...most cake and cookie strains: Gelato, Sunset Sherbet, Rainbow Chip, Dolato, Biscotti, and Ice Cream Cake at the moment. I've also found a few non-GSC strains that seem to speak to me in much the same way: Sundae Driver, Blueberry Muffins...and oh my...what I'd do for a couple more ounces of Donkey Butter!

I like heavier indicas in the afternoon and evenings, and while some of the strains I've already listed deliver well, Banana Punch, Purple Kush, Skywalker OG are my current couch lockers.

Night time bud is just that. When I find a strain, or even a batch, that works, I tend to hoard it. Sleep, and getting enough of it, is a major issue for me. My current go-to strains for sleep only (they're actually not much good for anything else) are Grape Ape, Blueberry, and Platinum OG. The Blueberry is definitely more subtle as you kind of have to let it take you to sleep. When smoked or vaped I just start yawning and feel the need to stretch out. Platinum OG on the other hand is more like being hit over the head. By the time I've finished a bowl, I can't keep my eyes open or my head up...out! I've had excellent "one batch" sleep experiences with 5th Element, Tahoe OG, Pure OG, Blackberry Kush, and Skywalker OG in the past...although more recent batches of Blackberry and Skywalker weren't near as "sleepy"...yet still great.

Great question @MNTDWLER. I too would like to hear what others are medicating with.

• @Rockafire @funkynugz and especially @TheProfessor thanks everyone, all input is logged and later researched. This site is more than just getting ^ to so many people. Now I'm gonna get low lol.

• I'm with @Rockafire on that igk for sleep.

• I do either Pineapple Express or Sour Diesel or both when I get home from work. Put some music on that sounds so much better with those strains. I used to use XJ-13 and Mothers Milk in those spots.

Then around dinner time, I start switching to Dolato/Jager/Fruit Loops and go to sleep by 8 at the latest. (I work at 4 am) I used to use Alaskan Thunderfuck, MAC and all the kushes in those spots. Once in awhile, I'll eat a gummy to help me sleep.

If I could only figure out how to sleep from 12-3am without staring at the clock every 10 minutes. I've learned that as I get older, I need to rest more and sleep less. But that gets old really fast.

• This is how bad it is. I forgot to set my alarm last night and still got up at 3:15 without even realizing that my alarm wasn't set. My 20 year old self never would believe that because I normally slept from 3 or 4 am til noon or longer.

• I'm lucky if I can get to sleep by 11:00 without doubt I always wake up at 3a.m. nothing I can do about it until my battery completely runs down.

• We're pretty good about being asleep around 10:00ish. I get up at 6:00am, but I can count on being up sometime between 2-3:30am (medicate) and usually again at 5:00-5:30am...just late enough that I can't medicate, but too early to get up...ugh.☹️🤬 Then repeat.

@MNTDWLER I hope that you found something that worked for you today, my friend.🙂

• @TheProfessor I save my concentrates for times like today. Right now a little forbidden fruit diamonds are starting to work the trick. Thanks

• Oops now I see this post after I asked @MNTDWLER on another post. I just ordered the ff diamonds. Looking forward to them now!

• I have the same problem. Up in the middle of night. My dad always used to say to me, wait until your my age, you don’t sleep as much as when your young. Boy was he right. Every night, by three or four the latest, I’m staring at the ceiling. Hoping a little forbidden fruit will help get me back to sleep.

• edited March 2021

@Rubygirl816 they really worked for me yesterday. In bed by 11;00 up at 2:00 all day I tried everything flower some wax,pudc shatter then finally yesterday afternoon I tried FFD and it was like flipping a switch everything slowly eases mind body and it seemed like soul. I highly recommend them much better than the strawnana diamonds. Enjoy 💚💨🍀

• edited March 2021

Before I had my child, I couldn’t sleep past 5am. Now I can sleep all day if you need me to. 😂 with or without weed 😴 any weed is just a knockout punch for me at this point.

There was a pre filled vape cart last summer called “candy land” I think it was a sativa dominant hybrid. But I had never been so high in my life, enjoyed a movie and then passed out, only needed a couple big hits. If they can bring that potency back to the vapes I’d recommend giving that a try.