MUSIC 😤🤟🏻

Comments

• A little Black Oak Arkansas for yall!

• @MigraineWarrior79 thanks for the BOA always appropriate. Add a little OMD and it's a mountain date night for the wife and I years ago lol.😉

• edited March 2021

• edited March 2021

haha... Scorpions performing with the Berlin Philharmonic is a favorite of mine, too.. altho this is not the video that i remember. wish i could find it!! still badass though. some of those live performances are fucking insane. (changed it to a different video but still not the one i'm looking for. ah well! absolute bangers.. such a great blending of two genres. i just watched the above video all the way thru again, and.. while slow at times, that shit just blew my fkn mind pretty much. highly recommend giving it at least until the 4-minute mark or so :smile: )

also surprised how many musicians are here. fantastic. i guess i shouldn't be surprised :D

@bluedreamer that's an awesome collection of stuff.. i've gone thru a period of collecting guitars.. i think the acoustic guitar in particular can be a ridiculous piece of artwork, in so many ways. i've chilled out for now, but i know i'll always be back. (in particular i have always wanted a Santa Cruz OM .. )

• also remember @funkynugz &/or maybe someone else mention looping. have you heard of Elise Trouw? also pretty insane if you're into looping this chick takes it to a pretty ridiculous level.

• @v32Finish. Nice video. So many talented people out there. BTW, K.T. Tunstall does a great solo looping version of Black Horse in a Cherry Tree. Worth a check. A looper pedal is one I havent tried yet. Amazing what you can do with it.

• edited March 2021

@v32Finish I had an LP by Deep Purple, recorded live with the London Philharmonic. As a pre-teen I was already a completist and had everything by Deep Purple. Ian Paice, the drummer, was big with my drum teacher. Add that album to the list of LPs I wish I still had. I'd only listen to it once every 20 years, but what a historical document. I bet it costs hundreds of dollars now on eBay. It's the kind of thing I would have traded away for a bag of herb when I was 17. Ugh. Same thing with my Sabian B20 hi hats. The B20s were the precursor to the B8s and about two levels up in quality for the same price.

Do not punish thyself, George...

Edit to note that the album has been re-released! You never can tell with historical documents...there was a time when Deep Purple's old stuff was as rare as hen's teeth.

• @bluedreamer thanks for that! i will definitely check it out. i'm not familiar with that artist. This Elise Trouw has a couple other great ones as well.. I'm also a fan of her other Radiohead/Police live looping mashup, if you wanted to anyways she's got several others similar (but the above i posted was the first that i ever saw)

• @v32Finish yeah looping rocks. I have a loop pedal but it’s something that needs time to practice.

• Ah $uicideBoys...had no idea they'd get on a national level. I remember them from when they were in (catholic) high school here in New Orleans. I like some of their stuff, while some stuff seems too sloppy. They did good going with the Three 6 Mafia beats and production.

• I was stoned AF last night and listened to the entire Led Zeppelin Physical Graffiti album and it was glorious.

• Yes @Sixwaychili. It is indeed a glorious album. So many classic songs, Ten Years Gone is one of my very favorites by them.

• edited March 2021

Yeah @bluedreamer Ten Years Gone and In My Time of Dying are my favs. Today I'm listening to some Greta Van Fleet.

And I do not care if people think they are ripping off Zep. I don't agree, but at least they are keeping rock and roll alive. These kids are so young and getting better and better. This is another all-star rock band.

• @Sixwaychili

I knew there was a reason I like ya! I grew up with Zeppelin (as well as the other legends), and they are hands down one of my favorites. Then a friend introduced me to Greta Van Fleet, and I dig them as well.

• Yoda says: Neo-Zeppelin Greta is. Keepin the sound alive they are.

• Brian Eno - Ambient 1 - music for airports
    Belong - October Language
    Tim Hecker - Haunt me

TR/ST - TRST
    Drab majesty - the demonstration
    Dome - 1 - 4

Iceage - new brigade + you’re nothing
    The Horrors - primary color
    HEALTH - get color

Www.nts.live

• edited March 2021

Lots of hippie singer song writers on here..... any early indie kids out there.... DCFC, Arcade fire, Band of Horses, run the jewels 💎 Modest mouse, Tv on the radio , Pinback has been on spin a lot lately

• Been on a SOOM T kick lately especially while smoking and enjoying some caps. Nothing like melting on the couch and seeing your music in the airwaves lol.

• My daughter goes out with the lead singer from Pantera, Phil Hansen Anselmo, little brother. Used to be lead singer anyway. She lives with him and his mom @Fastguy199 couldn’t believe it when she told me who he was related to, lol.

• @Rubygirl816

That's awesome! One of my best friend's is big into different haunts in Nola, and Hammond
    Anyway, that's how she met Phil Anselmo. They're good friends now.

• This bass line though

• @icdeadpeople love band of horses, not many people know of them. The funeral is one of my favorites

• ![](Watch "Tennessee whiskey (9 year old taj farrant) chris Stapleton" on YouTube
    )This blew me away a year or two ago, 9yrs old and just getting started .

• @Rubygirl816 my father went to school with all of them! Small world! Such an awesome band— who changed the way heavy music was made forever for the better!

• I'm pretty sure that I saw Band of Horses open for the Police on a reunion tour about 12-15 years ago.

• One for us old farts and definitely at the top of my pool hall play list. ![](Jimi Hendrix 'Voodoo Child' (Slight Return)
    )

• I would have loved to seen that @Sixwaychili !

• edited March 2021

Saw somewhere round here the correct term is “geezers” but hey old farts works just fine 👨🏽‍🦳💨

Just about to settle into my rockin chair (see what I did there?) so I’ll toss a log on the fire before I settle. Thermometer on the wall says 87F but it’s fukn chilly in here! Here’s an acoustic Jimi to heat it up.

• Who remembers Cream and Deep Purple? My all time favorite, to this day is Led Zepplin