MUSIC 😤🤟🏻

Comments

• _"you crack, up through the pavement.... super slow motion.. " _

music is fuckin amazing. such a vital part of what it is to be human.

• edited March 2021

sorry for the rapid-fire posting. i'll leave one more. little different vibe. ( if neither one of these performances moves you - idk :smiley: )

• I know I said that was my last one, but i honestly would be REMISS if i failed to include the following. one of the greatest and most haunting songs of all time. most often, i cannot even listen to this song. but it deserves its spot here. and everywhere.

also, @MigraineWarrior79 excellent choice.. AIC are absolute legends. RIP :cry:

• edited March 2021

Sorry I don't knowWatch "Grateful Dead - Jack Straw (Veneta, OR 8/27/72) (Official Live Video)" on YouTube
    how to post videos but this will get you there. I guess I'll add one last video. ![](Watch "Grateful Dead - Tennessee Jed (Foxboro, MA 7/2/89) (Official Live Video)" on YouTube
    )

• Played the ink off that "still talking shit" back in the day rip eazy, do a lot of classic rock 70s , rock, rap, pop, r and b, pretty much anything but blue grass style country

• Im blazed and listening to all the good posts
    Seriously happy I resurrected this post!

• @MigraineWarrior79 I'm smoking Hoggoo at the moment & doing the same. Thanks everybody for your your tunes

• Am I the only one that listens to hip hop?

• @TreesPlz that's funny. My bong is named the Edmund Fitzgerald.

• @Sixwaychili lol my Graffix is Dina Moe Humm & My Stax is just JERRY. 😁

• @v32Finish That was the old Medboy. I don't think he and I have similar musical tastes based on this haha

• edited March 2021

@TreesPlz" say you'll come back when you can when you're airplane lands". Sorry I missed you the first time. 😊

• edited March 2021

@MigraineWarrior79![](Watch "AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Live At River Plate, December 2009)" on YouTube
    ) I do have a killer story about "Hell's Bell's" but I do love this song @MigraineWarrior79 @TreesPlz one last haunting melody. This is a song I can't listen to, it hits way too close to home. ![](Watch "John Prine - "Sam Stone" - Live from Sessions at West 54th" on YouTube
    )

• @MNTDWLER we love John Prine’s music...what an incredible song writer! We listen to a lot of 60s music...especially the more folksy stuff.

• @TheProfessor my first introduction to John Prine was Paradise in 1975. I saw him about a year ago and still love him as much as the first time I saw him.

• ![](Watch "Paradise by John Prine" on YouTube
    )OK sorry @medboy and everyone else who's geared differently. This one's for @TheProfessor and people like me who have a poor taste in music lol. This song got me hooked on John. 😁

• @TheProfessor one of my favorite musicians is Towns Vanzant I love "buckskin stallion" I was lucky enough to see him several years back in Chattanooga. Wonderful song writer, alot of his songs really hit home, if you haven't heard him give him a listen.

• More up my alley: https://thestonertube.com/video/uncle-acid-the-deadbeats (NSFW although you probably shouldn't be browsing this forum at work anyways).

• @MNTDWLER
    That's some good stuff! Thank ya for sharing.

@medboy
    I dig Uncle Acid, and thought no one knew them, lol
    Awesome 👌

• edited March 2021

@medboy bodaciously good music. Thanks for the education on Uncle Acid

• edited March 2021

Thanks for the videos @MNTDWLER. I'd not seen that 'Paradise' video, but have always loved the song. "Sam Stone" has always been one of my favorites, as is of course "Angel From Montgomery." I was just a preteen at the time, but my father was in Vietnam from '71-'72...so I kinda have a sweet spot for protest songs...which didn't stop me from spending over a decade in the military myself. I've heard of Towns Van Zandt, but have never listened to him...wow. I listened to "Pancho and Lefty" and part of his self-titled album. I will be listening to more! Although a lot younger, and contemporary, check out some of the music of Griffin House, he has some of the same folk, life lessons, themes in all the music he writes.

• edited March 2021

@TheProfessor Fantastic I'm listening to "flying upside down" thanks my wife has a new artist for her playlist. I love finding new music. 😊 I enlisted into the Corps in 73 before being drafted, I did 2 tours and that was enough for me.

• @MNTDWLER I prefer a little Pigpen to go with my Keith and Donna.

• edited March 2021

You picked an awesome album to start with @MNTDWLER. That second track brings tears to my eyes every time. Almost 12 years USAF then I moved on. Check out "The Way I Was Made" on the album "Upland" I think you'll like it!

• @TheProfessor I love Iris DeMent & John doing "inspite of ourselves" it's our song lol.

• @MNTDWLER many thanks...I brought my laptop in the kitchen and started "Inspite of Ourselves" so we could listen together. Cute song...we liked it...a nice little moment after a stressful day at work. Thanks!

• @medboy oh yeah.... duhhh!!! i should've realized that was definitely a long ass time ago, and hence, would not have been you!!

lol.. either way, it's all good. :smiley: i dig those artists too, but not my 'everyday' type stuff.

i posted alot of guitar stuff earlier, so i thought i would post one more, but from my favorite kind of lesser-known, underground(ish) hip-hop/rap artist: Sage Francis. I cannot recommend highly enough both of his albums "Personal Journals" as well as the more recent "Copper Gone".

i am very picky with rap, but since someone asked about it (can't remember... was it @Higheveryone23 that asked? about hip-hop? i'm too lazy to read back.. lol)

anyway. i LOVE threads like this also; love sharing my best stuff and also REALLY enjoy listening to others'. i think it speaks volumes about someone when they have a broad musical taste.

this is one of his more reflective songs and one of his better ones with an actual video, but those 2 albums have such good songs:

• Sweet this thread is back.

@v32Finish sick acoustic❗️Jon Gomm is a maniac he does so many things at once makes me jealous. I can
    never get the percussion steps down. going to need to check more of his tunes out.

@MNTDWLER thanks for the dead I needed some of that this morning 💀

@medboy yeah I’d say your predecessor’s music flavor is a 180 from yours 😄

• edited March 2021

Umphrey’s McGee. I’ve seen this Chicago band live more than any other, partied with the members in the green room between sets (back when they weren’t as popular) and my company even did their promotion and album art for years (and barely ever got paid 😄). Still I love em. They can really blow your socks off. Here’s a taste.