Ultimate Bitcoin Thread

Comments

• Cash app is probably the simplest I’ve found. It’s act of Congress to get a new user verified to transfer your bitcoins. Crypto.com would be my second choice. I used crypto.com while waiting to get verified for cash app. I really liked crypto.com. No high fees, holds or any bullshit like that. Only went back to cash app because it’s simple to use.

• I wouldn't ever trust paypal about anything.

• I agree. I always use the Cash app. Very quick and easy.

• @TheStonedOne. I have not used it, but my understanding is that you cannot send paypal bought bitcoin out of paypal.

• That's like putting money in the bank and not being able to take it out. WTF

• Yeah, I just bought some bitcoin today on paypal but yup you can't send paypal bought bitcoin out of paypal. It's like sixwaychili said. Hopefully, that changes in the future...

• edited December 2020

Is XBT accepted? Apparently its the exact same as BTC except its an abbreviation and BTC and XBT are interchangeable

• You can also use a device called a Trezor to store your cryptocurrency. It stores them offline so the only one with access to the coins is you. I believe you can store any form of cryptocurrency, I had one back when they first came out but I lost mine during a move. Anyway, best purchase I ever made concearning cryptocurrency. I really should get another one.

https://trezor.io/ I believe they run $150 but with the holidays so close they might be cheaper.

• edited December 2020

I know I've been a coinbase fan for awhile, but they are really annoying me lately by putting a 72 hour hold on my transfers out of my wallet. It takes a few attempts with drivers license photos and selfies to get them to waive that, but please they need to stop.

Took about 10 minutes, but it's still super annoying. This has happened the last 3 times.

• Yeah! Rabble rabble rabble rabbble rabble rabble!

• the 72 hour hold is a big pain in the butt

• edited December 2020

JFC, f them. There is nothing that they will not try to control. We're freaking living in what we once feared communism being like. Next up, cash to be eliminated to save us from made up threats, which threaten no one but the establishment.

• @MoonMan5 word that's the intent I'm sure

• @DudleyDiccle yeah I think its just a different ticker for bitcoin right?

• edited December 2020

I remember when I was first looking into buying here, bitcoin was at around $225 per sometime in 2015. I almost bought 5 of them to hold indefinitely. I kick myself for not doing it. Can you imagine investing $1125 and 5 years later having $144,000? Then again, I would have sold by now. At the very least, I could buy cannabis for the rest of my life for basically free.

• “You gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run...”

Timing the coin sweeps back to your checking account is the path to riches. The volatility is just too much for my fingernails to bear now that I’m retired. High reward + high risk. I have enough stress with my meager 401k rollover sitting at E*TRADE 😄

• I use Cash App and was asked for the first time just now to specify the amount in "sats" that I want to send, rather than in bitcoin. There was an option to specify a dollar amount but no option for just a bitcoin amount like there used to be. I looked up what sats are and don't really understand it or why they would switch to that...I found a sats to bitcoin calculator and used that, hope it works right, guess we'll find out.
    Just a heads up.

• @kmoles its a setting tick in the app to put it back to coin. It’s talked about in another post here.

Satoshis I think are the official denomination name of Bitcoin fragments. Yeah...

A satoshi is the smallest unit of a bitcoin, equivalent to 100 millionth of a bitcoin. Bitcoins can be split into smaller units to ease and facilitate smaller transactions. The satoshi was named after the founder, or founders, of bitcoin, known as Satoshi Nakamoto.

• @funkynugz thanks for the info!

• @kmoles if you click on bitcoin, on your front page of cash app, then scroll to bottom, you can change it to bitcoin.

• For next time

• Went to get it in cash app says I can’t get it at this time. Anyone else having this problem

• @Five12Man that is wack, running low and always used that. Are they any other ways to get that right now?

• Hang on to your coins... Tesla just bought $1.5 Billion in Bitcoin and is accepting it for car purchases. The price was over $43.8k last time I looked.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/08/tesla-buys-1point5-billion-in-bitcoin.html

• The $95 I left sitting in my wallet is now around $125 🚀

• Creepin towards $50k again

• Lol, my $5 i left in my wallet is now $13 and some change.
    Soon enough I'll add $100 to it, and see what happens.

• edited February 2021

I tried a search on here and online, but was unsuccessful. So I'm sorry if this inquiry is redundant....

Is there anyway to purchase Bitcoin via credit card? Particularly, in cash app.

• @TreesPlz

Yep, there's place for it